www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Webmaster, Capwell buses and Other Side o the World.

I am sorry I have not been very active on the board but I was 9,000 miles away from Capwell and had not access where I was to the site which has suffered as a result.

As Mark says it is amazing how rumour spreads and when it is not denied it is taken as fact.

KD 184 has been the subject of much criticism of the museum particularly thoe who said we left her be scrapped which is typical of rumours. The fact is that she sits in our depot. She was almost impossible to move and it took a new recovery vehicle to finally move her. There was nothing in Cork which could move her hence the delay. She was always ours.

Likewise M 192 and we finally got her as well.

At lsast I am glad so many people read the site to judge from the comments. I am not sure some poeple would have liked it if we were able to get the KC´s.

As regards all the other buses, we did bid for them but were refused and they have gone to a northern scrap merchant instead who either has or intends scrapping them.

Mark is absolutely correct when he says ill informed rumour makes life for preservationists very difficult. I think great credit is due to Samantha Matthews of Bus Eireann for what she has done for preservation and she has a very difficult if not impossible job in trying to please her masters and everyone else and I think she does a good job and deserves great credit for it. At the end of the day Samantha has enabled a lot of Irish buses to be saved which her masters did not care for, and she deserves a round of applause.

I hve no intention of making life difficult for others and accordingly am not going to comment further on the buses moved from Capwell.

Michael Grimes