Return to Website

City of Oaks Pipe Band Forum

General discussion about piping, drumming, pipe bands, pipe music, about this Web site,
or about the City of Oaks Pipe Band.

Personal attacks or profanity will not be tolerated.

City of Oaks Pipe Band Forum
Start a New Topic 
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
s
sabdeq
Whatever It Takes ( 2000 )
Whatever It Takes ( 2000 ) > http://nutshellurl.com/42eca b92c5eb40e Whatsapp For all nOkia Java Fones((working))Universal Viewer Pro 6.5.6.2 Final Incl Activator [KaranPC]Solidworks 2004 Office Pro ENUS...
Views: 382   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2016 10:38pm
by sabdeq
Things helping to promote a band
Does anybody know any website which helps bands in promoting? Recently I’ve come across one website called artistecard.com. Is there anyone who uses their services? Can it help me with promotion? Maybe someone knows other similar websites.
Views: 490   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 22, 2013 7:17am
by liamllasccco
metal smoking pipes
You did a nice job on this pipe, but be careful of using woods other than briar. Many are poisonous or cause allergic reactions. Oak, if you have oak allergies and a lot of us do, can make you very sick. This is why most smoke briars. It is a nuetral and aong lasting...
Views: 463   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 30, 2012 11:50pm
by alenkaul
the No1 Worldwide Hit Today! NosmoQ, the Effective
Quitting is hard, but don't give up! Nosmoq was proven to be the easiest, most effective and possible real herbal treatment of smoking for just 4 to 7 days.. It is made from purely Eucommia Ulmoides, the first pharmacopoeia of Chinese herbs that has long been consi...
Views: 1402   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 8, 2012 6:54am
by Anton
No#1 hollywood weight loss
It is still time to lose weight before summer! buy Clenbuterol Treat yourself with Clenbuterol weight loss program and Clenbuterol cycle will help you lose more weight than any other medicine without Clenbuterol side effects ! You can buy prescription only Clenbutero...
Views: 532   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2010 4:35am
by clenbuterol
b
Bart
Synthetic GHB chanter reed
Does anyone have personal, first hand knowledge/experience using a synthetic GHB chanter reed? I am specifically interested in the performance and longevity of the Clanrye Synthetic Bagpipe Chanter Reed. In addition to posting your reply to the forum feel free to...
Views: 993   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 26, 2008 7:57pm
by Quinn
Other melodies
Congratulations with you very nice site. I'm flemish and I know there were very ancient pipe tunes in our country too but it's hard to find. Maybe someone knows where to find pipe music from other countries: French Bretagne, flanders, (and other?) http://assets....
Views: 918   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 29, 2007 2:44am
by Van Hecke
when do you beath?
Ok I just picked up my first practice chanter and I have alrady got to the part when I am on my first song at what point do I take a breath during the song when do I take one and where the song is scots wha ha'e thanks e-mail me the responce thanks Jacob
Views: 1267   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 18, 2006 1:44am
by Mike
I Need some questions answered on bagpipes cause im a begining piper and im gettin rdy to buy pipes.
Hello, im gettin rdy to buy a full set of the great hiland bagpipes from the J dunbar company and i wanted to ask some questions like should i get a cannmore bag or a hide bag?? i Need to know what kinda drone reeds i should get and what size bag i should get....
Views: 1260   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 18, 2006 1:31am
by Mike
Whats the differance between a Drum Major and a Pipes Major?
i need to kno wahts the differance between a Drum Major and a Pipes Major? and did a Pipes major playing bagpipes when pipe band do March? plz re-send a E-mail
Views: 1157   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 2, 2006 6:02pm
by cpl Perron
j
Joe
BitTorrent Multi-Search engine?
Anyone here use Torrents? I found this multi-search engine for Torrents. I thought you guys might be interested? Click Here: TorrentPond.com URL: http://www.torrentpond.com/
Views: 1015   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 19, 2006 5:49am
by Joe
Eric Thresher ?:)
Hi i just want to say that you guys are really cool and have a great website! While i was looking, I noticed a old friend, Eric Thresher, i had in elementary school (Eno Valley I know ur probably thinking who remembers friends from elementary school, but I remember a...
Views: 1221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2006 3:26pm
by Bridget Ladd
teribus
Hello there - I came accross your page http://cityofoaks.home.netcom.com/tunes/Teribus.html which says that teribus is Welsh! - In fact it is Scottish and is based around the town of Hawick in the Scottish Borders. You may want to visit our site www.teribus.com If y...
Views: 1255   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 20, 2005 2:27pm
by Cammy Reith
highland cathedral music for brass band and pipes and drums
highland cathedral music for brass band and pipes and drums can anyone supply this arrangement or chords of this arrangement for a junior school ensemble
Views: 1269   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 1, 2005 11:10pm
by neil burgoyne
d
dave
World Pipe Band Championships 2003 & 2004
If anyone is looking for photographs taken at the World Pipe band Championships, I have found some at www.inglasgow.com Dave
Views: 1098   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 23, 2005 6:52pm
by dave
can't download midi files
Dear Folks, I can't get the midi files downloaded. All I get is a Earthlink page showing error 404. I've tried to re-bookmark your page and a host of other things, but can't seem to get through. Any ideas?? Thanks, Joe
Views: 1220   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 18, 2005 5:39pm
by Bruce Wright
Looking for bagpiping scores
Dear All I am looking for bagpiping scores for Burns' "A Man's A Man for All That" tune. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! Éric
Views: 1171   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2005 9:50am
by Éric BEL
Bagpipes and Bridesmaids
I know many people hire bagpipers to play at their weddings, but I have no idea how much they pay them. Is it $5? $50? $500? Or does it vary wildly from one wedding to the next?
Views: 1213   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 12, 2004 5:47pm
by Stephanie Starne...
Really Funny Simpsons Parody!!!
I found this really funny Simpson's Parody. I thought you guys might enjoy it Click here: The Singhsons URL: http://www.ansme.com/reference/humor/singhsons.html
Views: 1215   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2004 5:23am
by The Simpsons
I need a bagpiper.
I need a bagpiper to play a funeral on Sunday, July 27, 2003. If anyone can help, please email me. Thank you -Emily McLemore
Views: 1232   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2003 10:35am
by Emily McLemore
Utilitkilts
I thought band members might find this interesting/mildly amusing. My apologies if this has been seen before: www.utilikilts.com A great way to make a kilt part of everyday!
Views: 1304   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2003 7:30pm
by Bryan Campbell
Re: Welcome to the City of Oaks Pipe Band site!
I enjoyed my visit and especially the tune list page. Would it be possible to add a new feature the tune list? It would be nice to have a "Historical Facts" list of the tunes. I have a few histories, like for Heights of Dargai and others. They make interesting re...
Views: 1275   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 19, 2002 3:41pm
by Greg Walsh
drum scores
Cheers! Just out of curiosity, who is writing your drum scores for the coming season? How many drummers do you have? Is Mike still playing bass?
Views: 1299   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2002 7:05am
by Gerry Secher
b
BDJ
Re: Drum Scores
The drum Major is wearing the Tartan of the Carolina's. He is part of multiple bands and one of his other bands played before us. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Hey I just took the Poll and picked 'Other (Reply in forum)' I think it's great...
Views: 1161   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 10, 2002 5:37pm
by BDJ
Drum Scores
Hey I just took the Poll and picked 'Other (Reply in forum)' I think it's great that you have the words and MIDI's of popular pipe tunes it was quite interesting, and I saw that you have pipe tunes, but no drum scores As a side drummer, i think that would be a...
Views: 1304   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 2, 2002 8:46pm
by Matt Scarlino
Re: BAGPIPER NEEDED!
Piper still needed? Neal --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Bagpiper needed for wedding in October, pay is nego. please contact by email.
Views: 1186   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2002 9:19pm
by Neal Townley
Where and when - specifically?
Views: 1129   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 2, 2002 8:15am
by S. Downs
Where? --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Bagpiper needed for wedding in October, pay is nego. please contact by email.
Views: 1198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 2, 2002 8:14am
by Anonymous
b
Bob
Looking for Sheet Music for Murdo's Wedding
I have found a version written in some kind of Piper's code with numbers brackets {} and lower/upper case letters. I guess the grace notes are the lower case and the numbers refer to octaves but there is is no note values... Please help. Thanks. Its for my mother.
Views: 1331   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2002 10:16pm
by Bob
BAGPIPER NEEDED!
Bagpiper needed for wedding in October, pay is nego. please contact by email.
Views: 1223   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2002 9:42am
by Richard
Re: Welcome to the City of Oaks Pipe Band site!
I really enjoy the quality site, especially the number of tunes and accompanying words. The words give a better understanding as to how a tune should be played: remorseful, reflecting, proud, jaunty, etc. An internet search of bagpipe tunes fails to show this sit...
Views: 1140   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 23, 2002 6:36am
by Ken Lakin
Free Sunglasses?
Hi! is FREE! ~Cute Girl Have a nice day! > Hi, > > ** Forward this to your friends before February 15th, 2002 ** > > One of the world largest Sunglasses company is clearing stock. > Get a pair of Sexy Metals Sunglasses model 2002 for free > while stock last. Limi...
Views: 1317   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2002 3:41pm
by Cute Girl
Welcome to the City of Oaks Pipe Band site!
Welcome to the City of Oaks Pipe Band web site. We hope you enjoy our site, and would appreciate any suggestions you might have for additions or improvements to it. Thanks for visiting us! Bruce
Views: 1444   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2001 7:21pm
by Bruce Wright
Free Forum powered by Bravenet