www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
a
Adam
Volvo engined Leyland Tigers
I just wondered are the Ulsterbus Volvo engined Leyland Tigers you have just received semi-automatic or fully automatic and are there any other differences bar form the engine between the Volvo engined and Leyland engined Tigers.
Views: 277   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 10:03pm
by Phill
h
Howard
Ballymena Engineering
Michael, small but important point - it is Raymond Holmes who is the Engineering Foreman at Ballymena (not Gordon).
Views: 365   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 23, 2009 9:13pm
by Thomas
Tiger 1310 - Pride of the Ballymena Fleet
http://northernirelandbusimages.fotopic.net/p61604928.html Look at link, is 1310 coming to Kells as well. Colin had 1310 at the very end and it was one of the best driving buses we ever had make sure you look after it. The old girl looking well.
Views: 334   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 22, 2009 8:13pm
by Michael Grimes
Colin Smith
Colin Smith and Gordon Holmes DON'T WORK IN BALLYMENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Views: 268   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 22, 2009 9:25am
by Michael Grimes
Any photos of Coleraine Turbo 1288 yet?
Views: 228   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 22, 2009 9:22am
by Michael Grimes
J302ASH
Resides on the scrapline at Firstbus's Livingston depot awaiting disposal to Dunsmores. http://www.phatmann.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/DB008423.jpg Was order initially as Ulsterbus 1502.
Views: 259   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 10:03am
by Ross Aitken
p
Phill
The ITT at 40 and Leyland N type tigers
Photos of The ITT at 40 event are now online also Photos of Ards Tours (Jack Bell) new Leyland Tiger N type are online. This is a manual with a Cummins engine. Thanks Phill http://ulsterbusphotos.fotopic.net
Views: 375   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 10, 2009 8:28pm
by Phill
p
Phill
Lathalmond - scottish vintage bus museum
Hello all, after attending the Scottish vintage bus museum's open weekend i have put photos on my site of the buses. Photos are now online at - http://ulsterbusphotos.fotopic.net Thanks Phill
Views: 295   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2009 9:21pm
by Phill
Web-site
Am I the only one who has noticed that a lot of the new information covers up the buttons on the left hand side of the home page? If I need to reset my whatevers can some one tell me how to do it? Thanks and keep up the good work
Views: 374   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 12, 2009 7:58am
by Ross Aitken
g
Gordon
My Photo Sites Updated
Pics from last weeks RPSI Bangor Belle and yesterdays Steam Enterprise are online at http://northernirelandtransportphotos.fotopic.net/ Also updated are my other two sites http://gordonsharbourandboatphotos.fotopic.net http://northernirelandbusima...
Views: 281   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 10, 2009 10:12pm
by Gordon
Future aqusition policy
I tink the museum sould think about aquiring some P, AD and DA class buses. These buses carried a wide range of liveries such as airlink, stationlink, british airways,city imp ect. The Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann Imp buses sould be concidered aswell. The RH class is...
Views: 371   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 1, 2009 3:59pm
by Bombardier
KD184 and D711
How's KD184 and D711 going. After seeing the job done with KR9 and its excellent restoration I can now see your critics are wrong and are looking for an argument.
Views: 425   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 2, 2009 3:32am
by Al Ryan
p
Phill
Leyland Tiger - The final growl
Photos of the Leyland Tiger farewell named, Leyland tiger - The final growl are now online on my site, Ulsterbus Photos, Photos include a stop a Newtownabbey depot to veiw the N types in reserve www.ulsterbusphotos.fotopic.net Thanks Phill
Views: 364   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 1, 2009 9:29am
by Michael Grimes
j
jp
Re:Website
What is wrong with the kells website.
Views: 373   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 31, 2009 9:41pm
by Bombardier
KR 9
What the museum can do! Well dont be too hard on Skelator.
Views: 352   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 7:07pm
by Steve Dunne
k
Keef
Your Wolseley Six
Be nice to have http://www.kellstransportmuseum.com/Rallies/Innishannon2005/Innish05Car17S.jpg join us on http://www.flickr.com/groups/landcrab-and-maxi/
Views: 316   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 18, 2009 6:21am
by Keef
cvh1
cvh1 livery wood have been orange red with the cie logo in black she was used on the supabus service from ireland to the uk . they mostly to update this service and tours te class where the more mordern expressway coach for expressway services . hope this helps
Views: 411   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 9:17am
by francis
What Tigers are good and bad?
While the discussion on the merits of each depot is interesting, our experience is that every Tiger we have got from Translink is superb and as they are spread across all depots you cannot define good buses by depot. Our preference is for Ballymena buses but this is...
Views: 374   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 2, 2009 12:51pm
by jp
WE NEED TO SAVE MARK 1 GOLDLINERS
http://northernirelandbusimages.fotopic.net/p59178541.html MICHAEL SEE THIS LINK ULSTERBUS ARE SENDING MARK 1 GOLDLINERS FOR SCRAP WE NEED TO SAVE SOME FOR PRESERVATION BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. I HEAR THE REST ARE GOING VERY SOON AS NO ONE WANTS TO BUY THEM
Views: 443   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 28, 2009 9:41pm
by Phill
The museum and Mk I Goldliners.
The museum is well aware of the situation relative to the Goldliners. The museum has a joint preservation program with Translink and no doubt at sometime in the future it is hoped that a Mk I Goldliner will enter this program but right now there is no urgency....
Views: 356   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2009 2:52pm
by Michael Grimes
b
Barry
Visiting the museum
I drove around the knockraha area recently looking for the museum but could not find it, couldnt see any signposts. How do I get there
Views: 477   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 25, 2009 7:59pm
by Andrew Rainsford
w
Will
Mogeely 2009
Hi Again, I've read below that CVH 1 may be at Mogeely this year, when is it on? It would be nice to see a CVH or an EVH again what about bringing 666XPI along too it would make an interesting Vanhool comparison.
Views: 348   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 18, 2009 11:53pm
by Stephen Payne
Re:vids
here is a link
Views: 299   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 14, 2009 5:49pm
by Ulsterbus Vids
p
Phill
My fotopic site
Just a small note to let everyone know my site, Ulsterbus photos has been updated with some intresting stuff. http://ulsterbusphotos.fotopic.net
Views: 306   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 12, 2009 10:41pm
by Phill
Were the sleeper buses the first coach or was CVH 1?
Very many interesting points were raised in the discussion on CVH 1 but people do not need to be nasty discussing it. As with many subjects there are different interpretations. I would like - with the aid of readers - to set out the coach history and would apprecia...
Views: 393   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 11:23pm
by Colin
Rational Reply to Various Points Raised under Ryanair and Armchair General.
First of all my apologies for the delay in replying but I do have to earn a living to pay for the muse m and to that end was almost two thousand miles away all week. Secondly apart from one John Mulhern who did put his name and address nobody else of the critics a...
Views: 465   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 18, 2009 7:03pm
by jp
t
Tim
CVH1 Running
June 2, 2009. Stephen did a very quick gearbox change on CVH 1 and she was so good he took her to Arklow and back for a run and she performed perfectly, a tribute to those who built these fabulous machines. We intend getting her a MOT and she should have no trouble p...
Views: 404   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 7, 2009 5:47pm
by Colin
t
Tim
CVH1
"We regard her as a very valuable addition as one of the great buses of Ireland. We are very grateful to Bus Eireann for their cooperation in enabling us to have her as it was only due to their action that we got her". Hot air..............
Views: 419   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 3:21pm
by Colin
Swilly CVH
SI 2001 was fleet number 004 with Swilly
Views: 309   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 2:38am
by Andrew Chambers
j
jp
Re:n-types
If you are looking for anymore tigers down there an exellent example would be 1279. You should try going to hamills ahogill for tigers they should be cheaper, they have 463 and 1226 which are both very good buses.
Views: 325   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 6:09pm
by jp
Views: 342   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 2, 2009 8:47pm
by Michael Grimes
t
Ted
Innisannon
Just wondering are any buses being brought to the rally this weekend?
Views: 391   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 28, 2009 11:45pm
by michael
omdlVxRcJJ
MCsJTn dwtbsfdzoyqs, emduzzjgqwye, [link=http://dbbpajdkgmxn.com/]dbbpajdkgmxn[/link], http://xijwvoqagpra.com/
Views: 359   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2009 7:41pm
by JKNXcPqWEXt
Update Required on our Buses
Michael How is our old Tigers 1122, 1143 and 1274 going? Are they still going strong or any of the road? Big Ray is also keen to find out about 2609, is it still going well. The high speed Gardner!
Views: 378   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2009 12:38pm
by The Portgleone M...
Michael just incase you don't know you have just purchased another ex Portglenone bus in the form of 1274! 1122 and 1143 were also Portglenone buses and 2609 was in the main depot at Ballymena. Rob is very happy to see his bus 1274 in Kells!
Views: 381   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2009 8:31pm
by Colin
Another one bits the dust
yet one more ulsterbus Tiger makes it last trip to Bus graveyard that is KTM never to be seen in Northern Ireland again. also just think what a waste all the tiger going to KTM to rust away in the Co cork country sidde
Views: 578   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 12, 2009 7:38pm
by Michael Grimes
p
Phill
ITT bus and coach rally 2009
Photos of the ITT bus and coach rally at Cultra are now online on my site, http://ulsterbusphotos.fotopic.net Photos include the two 129s (my preserved Leopard and Ulsterbus's new coach 129)
Views: 442   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 5, 2009 2:57pm
by denny
l
Linda
need some information on a ktm bus that was at the itt rally in cultra please .
i wonder could i ask anyone here to oblige me . i am looking for some information to lable a couple of pictures i took at cultra . it is of a coach regestered 88-ke-3184 . having seen the picture on the front page here i know it belongs to the ktm . i think it m...
Views: 458   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 29, 2009 12:38pm
by Michael Grimes
50 year Extended Life program being devised for Leopards and Tigers.
As readers are aware the following vehicles have been transferred to Kells depot: Tiger 434 Tiger 2610 Leopard 1902 N type Tiger 1274 is on its way to Kells as is Leopard 1891. It is worth noting that Ballymena considered 1274 to be one of the best Tigers th...
Views: 381   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 27, 2009 8:50pm
by Michael Grimes
g
Gordon
Irish Transport Trust 2009 Bus Rally Photos
Photos of Saturdays Bus Rally at Cultra 25.4.09 are online at http://northernirelandbusimages.fotopic.net/
Views: 368   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 26, 2009 8:24pm
by Gordon
j
Jay
Same more Tigers
I seen them pictures that Gordon put on his weeb site at Laganisde yard in Bolfast off Ulsterbus Tigers fleet numbers 1121, 1106 and 1003. 1003 was a Magherafelt bus and a great bus to drove as well. 1121 was a Ballymena bus and if yo like the Ballymena buses why y...
Views: 491   Replies: 12
Last Post: Apr 23, 2009 6:38pm
by J.P. Mc Manus
g
Gordon
Photo Site Update
http://northernirelandbusimages.fotopic.net/ has been updated over the past week with photos from the following locations Comber Donaghadee Portaferry Portrush Ballycastle Banbridge Rathlfriland Ballymoney Hamills Ahogill
Views: 353   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 21, 2009 2:22pm
by Gordon
j
Jp
Re:Te tigers
Ever think about getting an ulsterbus 'TE' tiger downthere!its a really good bus to drive.
Views: 434   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 19, 2009 4:18pm
by jp
Ulsterbus Tigers that are good from our Depot
If you want to know good Tigers here are my suggestions from Coleraine Depot. You already have one ex Coleraine Tiger, Fleet Number 460 (JNZ 7487) which used to be out in Ballymoney sub depot. I would agree sub depot buses like the Portglenone buses you talk about...
Views: 383   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 16, 2009 7:24pm
by Coleraine Driver
c
Colin
Bus Eireann VS class for sale
I have just noticed that there are two ex- Bus Eireann VS class Volvo B57's for sale on E-Bay , they both look to be in good condition , I was wondering if the museum has any interest in them , strangley they will not show under a search for Bue Eireann but instead a...
Views: 497   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 14, 2009 7:17pm
by Garage Cat
j
Jay
Them Tigers You Boys Hay
High Michael, Whot wood bee the best Ulsterbus Tiger that you boys hay? I seen talk on web site that them there Tigers from the men of Portglenone wood be good wons but who are them Men of Portglenine and what buses would them men have had? It is class seeing Tige...
Views: 449   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 12, 2009 5:47pm
by sammy
Distance to Cultra.
I was just wondering that when you bring buses to the Cultra rally do you drive from the museum to cultra in one day and if so how long does it take? Also do you go through dublin? Best of luck with the rally anyway. PS will you be taking part in the road run at t...
Views: 369   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 11, 2009 4:18pm
by cityimp
BUSES FOR BANGOR
WHAT BUSES ARE GOING TO BANGOR AND DO YOU THINK A SHOW BE HELD IN THE SOUTH
Views: 445   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 7, 2009 8:43pm
by C236
Ryanair
Ryanair have a very clear policy that they only allow 1 piece of hand luggage onto the airplane per passenger. This is because there is limited space in the cabin for baggage. To make sure that every person can store a bag equaily and fairly they have introduced this...
Views: 511   Replies: 21
Last Post: Apr 7, 2009 8:36pm
by danny
Aer Arann
On the main page right now is a list of ten flights, 5 inbound and 5 outbound all delayed however these flights probably only involved three planes, the ground crews are achieving turnaround times of under twenty minutes so you need to go back to the original cause a...
Views: 502   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 28, 2009 5:59pm
by bensmith
Rivercourt Coaches
Seen a broken down Rivercourt Coaches Plaxton Paramount on the N4 on Wed afternoon. Lot of black smoke coming out of the engine area. It didnt look like a very safe bus to be traveling on.
Views: 488   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 28, 2009 12:14am
by Garage Cat
j
jp
Dear Micheal, Just to let you know that if you are thinking of new tiger soon stay well away from newry's 1276 that omagh just recieved its terrible but u never know omagh might have her up 2 scratch by nxt week.
Views: 419   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 27, 2009 5:04pm
by Michael Grimes
c
CP
ERF towtruck
Spotted the museums monster ERF towtruck passing through Abbeyleix last night, headed for the boat in dublin maybe? she was being towed on rigid bar by a red truck, not sure if it was the ex Lothian towbus.
Views: 417   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 27, 2009 5:00pm
by Michael Grimes
Special reply for John Mulhern
John Mulhern went to considerable trouble - and was not afraid to put his name - to make a well thought out contribution and so deserves a special reply. First of all we do have a cafe/kitchen and provide fere tea, coffee and biscuits as many of our visitors have...
Views: 450   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 19, 2009 6:24pm
by Michael Grimes
j
jp
tigers
U gettin any more tigers down there
Views: 382   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 16, 2009 7:25pm
by jp
Sorry for delay in replying to Ryanair thread but travelling
I see some criticsm on the Ryanair thread and I do intend replying but I am in eastern europe until Sunday night and have little or no chance to reply but I will do in due course. Michael Grimes
Views: 352   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 12, 2009 8:41am
by Michael Grimes
cuitra 2009
was wondering what buse/s you are brining to cultra this year.
Views: 412   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 9, 2009 11:37am
by cityimp
t
Ted
Adopt a vehicle
I think that this is a really good idea, and best of luck with it.
Views: 546   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 2, 2009 1:02pm
by Padraic Williams...
Reply to Willie O'Sullivan.
First of all I must apologise to Willie for not replying but unfortunately I am just out of a dose of flu and answering email was not top of the list. However, no disrespect was intended. As regards his query I do not know the answer but the buses he mentions are...
Views: 485   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 23, 2009 8:21pm
by William O Sulliv...
Old Bus Eireann vehicles
It is nice to see that you are well again Michael and I wish you all the best, I have noticed that BE have a new fleet of Scania's doing the rounds in Cork. One wonders are they disposing of some VWLs or DP's, are these machines worth putting into your museum. Or are...
Views: 505   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 23, 2009 12:05pm
by William O Sulliv...
Ballymena Tigers
Just to let you know Ballymena now only have 3 Tigers left in service 1142, 1223 and 1274. 1223 will be off at the end of the month and will probably go straight to Ahoghill as nothing seems to stay in reserve without psv for very long a shame. Your Kells Trans...
Views: 377   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 20, 2009 8:23pm
by Ballymena Driver...
w
wayne
New additions to the Museum
Hi Guys First off all Arriva northwest are getting rid off 2 Colchester Lynxs and theu would like them to go for Prservation and they are up for sale at there scrap Price,and First Group are haveing a major influx off new Buses that all the Step Entrance Dennis...
Views: 531   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2008 12:28am
by wayne
Volvo Engined Automatic N Type Tigers
Michael when can we expect to see you getting some of the specia; automatic volvo engined automatic N Type Tigers?
Views: 396   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 20, 2008 12:29am
by P
Credit where credits due
Well done all involved in the KTM. Im a regular visitor to your webpage and am very impressed with your ever growing collection. The amount of manhours and money that you guys have put in to the mueseem is a credit. Would love to come visit with my 2 yr old daughter...
Views: 437   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 8, 2008 6:30am
by Michael Grimes
g
Gordon
Ulsterbus Leopards
Hello any chance of seeing some recent photos of the Ulsterbus Leopards you have at the depot in Cork please http://northernirelandtransportphotos.fotopic.net/ http://gordonsharbourandboatphotos.fotopic.net http://northernirelandbusimages.fotopic.net/
Views: 402   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 8, 2008 6:29am
by Michael Grimes
Ulsterbus / Citybus Page
When you click on 340 and 385 on the Ulsterbus / Citybus page you get the 1122 page!
Views: 423   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 8, 2008 6:27am
by Michael Grimes
All Fleetlines are not Gardner - my error
I am most indebted to Jonathan Cadwallader for the following information. You mention in your piece on your newly acquired Fleetlines,"As readers will be aware all Fleetlines are Gardner engined". In fact several operators specified Leyland engines when they beca...
Views: 473   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 8, 2008 6:25am
by Michael Grimes
Inside Shots
Do you have any inside shots of express tiger 460 to see how it compares with 1131
Views: 368   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 4, 2008 9:10am
by Michael Grimes
New Roundabout
Sugestion for the caption :- Rolly poly roundabout at the Kells :) Cheers Malcolm.
Views: 468   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 3, 2008 7:27pm
by Malcolm
Dublin Bus in Cornwall
Just a quick note to anybody who may have photos of RH48. This bus is in the hands of A2B travel in newquay along with RH70. RA308 has just arrived with Hopleys Coaches in Cornwall, can anybody tell me which depot this bus was at? i think cony road because when i wor...
Views: 455   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 20, 2008 11:02am
by Stephen
KD 184 on the public road and our overhaul priorities
I noticed some comments re this vehicle. There is no way she will be on a public road until at least late 2009 as she needs a complete body and mechanical overhaul. We have other priorities at the moment, chief being our new maintenance shed. Until that is erec...
Views: 526   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 18, 2008 11:08pm
by Colin
f
Fred
Ulsterbus / Citybus Page
Michael, Like the sample 1000 Ulsterbus page, a good idea. If you need any info on any of your Tigers just ask and I am sure some of us guys will be able to help out.
Views: 369   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2008 9:26pm
by Fred
ex Dublin Bus RH61
Hi all, For those interested, i just found out i have photographed former Dublin Bus RH61, now H708PVW. Pic of it with Davies of Plean can be found here: http://garagecat.fotopic.net/p53145537.html Ross
Views: 446   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 1, 2008 8:58pm
by Ross Aitken
1131 replaces 1130
I very much agree with Joseph B but the reality is apparently a total engine failure with consequent damage to the transmission. That being the case there is absolutely no economic logic to doing an engine and transmission swap as it cannot be done in the north an...
Views: 338   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2008 1:04pm
by Kells Transport ...
f
Fred
Photo of 1130
http://www.colourpoint.co.uk/titles/9781904242284-34.html Michael, I am not sure if you know of this book see link. There is a photo of 1130 in it in Express Livery
Views: 455   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 29, 2008 12:25pm
by Joseph B
f
Fred
460 & 1130
Great to see these two Express Tigers saved. Will they arrive soon. I am sure you could keep the destination blinds in these two. As an ex Ballymena Tiger 1130 would have KELLS listed!
Views: 438   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 16, 2008 8:49pm
by Kells Transport ...
Easy known I was away!
It's easy known I was away when I look at some of the messages posted on the board in my absence. As a start in security if you do not give your e-mail then your message will be taken down immediately. I hope this will work but if it does not then we will have to...
Views: 582   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 14, 2008 10:16am
by Ross Aitken
d
d.
Congrats!
Just to say I visited the Museum the weekend and anyone who hasn't been within the last year should get there! The place is really looking fantastic, and you will be amazed at the fantastic work the Steve and his crew are doing at getting things running again. Wel...
Views: 432   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 5, 2008 12:40pm
by d.
May we have your views on Phase 2 of our Tiger preservation programme?
The Tiger era is drawing to a close. We have completed Phase 1 - well amost as there is still 2608 or 2609 to come - and we are trying to draw up plans for Phase 2 which will be the final phase. First to recap. Our current fleet from Phase 1 is: 340 385 4...
Views: 468   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 4, 2008 8:27pm
by Fred
Information on 79 MN 28
Can anyone help me trace the wherabouts of this coach, its a 1979 leyland leopard with plaxton bodywork, she used to run in the St. Kevins Glendalough family and i think ended up in Eamonn Spruhan's in Carlow. Does anyone know if her remains still exist or what h...
Views: 491   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 1, 2008 12:32am
by Stephen Payne
Apology to Francis Dempsey and Stephen Payne
I can only apologise to both Francis and Stephen for the messages appearing here purporting to be from them. It is clear they were not and someone is trying to cause problems by using their names. It is very sad that only in Ireland do we have that problem of beg...
Views: 568   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 28, 2008 9:19pm
by FRANCISDEMPSEY
Views: 353   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 27, 2008 3:02pm
by FRANCISDEMPSEY
Voafone TV Advertisement
Just in case anyone hasnt seen her, Suzie in yet another ad! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb3Sl3pSP2w
Views: 479   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 27, 2008 12:55am
by Stephen Payne
Portglenone Men
Hi Michael, Nice to see that big line up of Tigers and see 400 make it down. That photograph inside her showing the seats is great - look how clean and tidy it is inside? Do you know Tiger 400 has a link with Portglenone?!! 400 use to operate quite a bit on...
Views: 392   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 26, 2008 7:37pm
by Jonathan
Important Message from the Men of Portglenone
Michael, The Portglenone Men would like to thank you for their Kells Transport Museum Sub Depot of Ballymena Calendars and the photographs of 1122 and 1143 received in the post. We are glad that you got 1143 started. 1143 never caused any problems when in Port...
Views: 433   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 24, 2008 1:32pm
by David
j
Jason
Tiger 1122
I noticed from your photos that Tiger 1143 is the only Tiger fitted with a destination blind showing KELLS. Could you not ask Ulsterbus for some other old destination blinds for 1122 and the other Tigers. These are not needed anymore as all new Ulsterbuses are fitt...
Views: 388   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 22, 2008 5:36pm
by FRANK gARLAND
d
DAN
MOGEELY 2008
WELL DONE TO KELLS ON AN IMPRESSIVE DISPLAY AT MOGEELY WITH THE 3 BUSES WHICH WERE TESTIMENT TO THE HARD WORK THATS GOING ON IN THE MUSEUM. PITY MORE PRESERVATIONISTS COULDNT ATTEND SUCH RALLIES AND SHOW OFF OUR TRANSPORT VEHICLES OF YESTERYEAR. NICE PHOTO GALLER...
Views: 380   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2008 4:46pm
by DAN
Mogeely Rally & Working few days - 19th to 22nd July
As Mogeely is on this weekend, I thought it would be a good thought to take a vehicle that was in service around Midleton for so long, back to its native roads and having a clear schedule for the few days allows this to happen. Just in case anyone is interested I...
Views: 425   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 19, 2008 7:25am
by Michael Grimes
Some information on the latest purchase Leyland Tiger 400
Some information on Leyland Tiger 400. Leyland Tiger 400 was allocated new to Magherafelt Depot along with its sisters 401 - 403. When new 400 carried registration FXI 400. It spend all its days with Ulsterbus allocated to Magherafelt Depot. It would have been...
Views: 326   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 17, 2008 1:30pm
by Ulsterbus Tigers...
p
Phill
Unkown Atlantean
Photos of an unknow Atlantean are on my site, does anyone have any ideas on the vechiles history? Thanks Phill http://ulsterbusphotos.fotopic.net
Views: 496   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 15, 2008 8:21pm
by Garage Cat
Still No Ulsterbus Express Tigers
With all these recent Tiger deliveries I see the Kells Transport Museum still does not have an Express Tiger ie the likes of 369, 460, 1130 or 1133. As part of any Tiger collection this is a must and leaves a major gap in preservation circles if this is not filled.
Views: 416   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 10, 2008 9:06pm
by Michael Grimes
TGY102M
First off many thanks for posting the interior pics of LS2 much appreciated. Whats going on with LS2? Are there any plans for restoring it, or any plans at all? Last of all whats the state of the engine driving gear etc? I have been told that its a bit slow and...
Views: 391   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2008 10:59pm
by James Norris
Hamill takes even more Tigers
http://northernirelandbusimages.fotopic.net/p51483301.html The above link paints a very sad picture. It seems as if the number of Tigers going to Hamill for scrap is on the increase every month as seen from the link. This includes Tigers that are in good conditi...
Views: 459   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 9, 2008 10:01pm
by Phill
Ulsterbus 517 (PXI5517) photographed in Edinburgh today (7th July)
Hi all, Now with Doad's o Troon is ex Ulsterbus 517 (PXI5517) which i managed to photograph in Edinburgh while engaged on rail replacement work. Pic on the 'Kitty' site at: http://garagecat.fotopic.net/p51791399.html Ross
Views: 454   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 9, 2008 9:50pm
by Garage Cat
R827 pic
Hi all, Pic of R827 (CYI629) up on the 'Kitty Site' at: http://garagecat.fotopic.net/p51703213.html Ross
Views: 491   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 6, 2008 8:34pm
by Tony O'Carroll
KD will without doubt be restored but there are priorities, which are....!
Just to set everyones mind at ease KD 184 will be restored without doubt. The only question is when, and this depends on when we can allocate covered storage to her for working on her. We estimate up to nine months. We will have our first double decker maintenanc...
Views: 457   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 5, 2008 12:36pm
by Garage Cat
TGY102M Interior Pics
Hi, Interior pics of TGY102M up on my site at: http://garagecat.fotopic.net/c1535033.html If anyone has complaints about any other pics on my site, please be brave enough to post abusive/threatening comments here as well as e-mailing me. Failure to comply wi...
Views: 396   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 1, 2008 9:35pm
by Paul Haughey
g
Gordon
Photo Sites updated
The following photo sites i run have been updated over the past week . http://northernirelandtransportphotos.fotopic.net/ http://gordonsharbourandboatphotos.fotopic.net http://northernirelandbusimages.fotopic.net/
Views: 341   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 29, 2008 7:18pm
by Gordon
Magherafelt Tigers
HELLO SIR, JUST TO LET YOU BOYS KNOW SOME GOOD ULSTERBUS TIGERS WERE IN MAGHERAFELT - FLEET NUMBERS 1087 AND 1088 AND 1089 WERE ALWAYS VERY GOOD - FLEET NUMBER 1087 ALWAYS THE BEST. I SEE 449 ALSO MENTIONED AS A GOOD BUS AND I REMEMBER IT WAS SENT OVER ONE DAY...
Views: 376   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 24, 2008 1:55am
by Michael Grimes
Ulsterbus Tigers
2609 is parked in Short Strand depot and looks to be quite tidy - the guys in the Strand said it is easy fixed as they just wanted something a bit newer to do school work in. 449 is in Newtownabbey and would be one of the best 4xx Tigers. It and 400 would be the b...
Views: 357   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 15, 2008 5:24pm
by Andrew Chambers
1 2 3 4 5
Free Forum powered by Bravenet