Return to Website

Halibut Fishing Reports & Halibut Recipe Forum

Welcome to the halibut fishing reports and halibut recipe forum. Feel free to post a halibut fishing report in the area where you caught your fish and please share your favorite recipes.

Halibut Fishing Reports & Halibut Recipe Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: south sound washington

Fellas, I`d be cautious about eating any fish from the south sound. The dioxin and mercury is way worse than they thought. Even in Port Angeles where I live, they banned fishing inside the harbor due to the pcb and dioxin being 100 times too high in crabs and bottomfish.
Bon Apitit...

Fish WEST of Freshwater bay to be safe....

Does anyone know how to test fish for the levels of toxin?

Hi, Basic rule is the further from the ocean the fewer the fish, and in the south sound they would probably glow in the dark. I live in Issaquah and find it is well worth the trip to head west. I just got back today from Neah Bay and it wasn't if you caught fish but how many. A good place to get fishing areas is SalmonUniversity.com also fish-n-maps and try to talk to locals they might not give all of there hot spots away but will usually give some pointers. By the way we fished 1 day for Lings and Rockfish and 1 day for Butts, Caught 6 Lings (Smallest was 33") 18 Rocks and 2 Butts (70# & 90#) Squid and rubber squid jigs and herring all kicked ass with plenty of weight.

Good Luck Fishing
Tight lines and sore arms

Point no point and east to to useless bay on Wigby is as far south as they go.