9th Infantry Delta Dawgs Message Board

Please feel free to post any questions or messages you wish here. This Message Board is only for questions related to Challenge Coins.

9th Infantry Delta Dawgs Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wwii signed captured flag looking for info as to what unit they may be

A friend of mine had given to me a captured German flag signed by the unit who captured it and I am trying to find out what unit and division these guys were in and what they went through. I have tried the Army but I get nowhere. I would like to research this unit but have nowhere to start. These guys were proud of what the accomplished, enough to sign their names and bring this flag back with them.

I found some info at (http://www.abmc.gov/searchww.htm) but I would like to know if you have a roster of the units. Some I found were with different units but maybe they were close to each other. If you could help that would be great.

I am attaching some pictures so you can see what I am talking about. I will list the names below:

1st SGT Coscia

Homer White - 60th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division KIA buried in Belgium 2/28/45

Frank Dawson - 60th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division KIA buried in Belgium 12/13/44

Bill Norris - 318th Infantry Regiment, 80th Infantry Division?? Were they with 60th/9th kia 10/8/44 france

James C. McClain

John Gomula

Jim Matern

Robert E. Terry

W.W. Brenneman

Jerry Cataldo

George Carpenter - 2nd Infantry Reg, 5th Inf div???? were they with the 60th, 9th kia france 9/15/44

Martin S. Haughton

Forest Wilson

Harry E. Sherrow

Frank Bunda

Lemons (Abie)

John McGowan

Elmer Shiko

Sincerely,

Michael J. Patzek

Director of Field Engineering

Custom Ultrasonics Inc.

144 Railroad Drive