Whats on your mind in Mt Savage !

Whats on your mind in Mt Savage !
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mt. Savage Genealogy Informtation

To Shari Pepper,

My husband appears to have the same ancestors... McCusker. His grandmother, Bernadette McCusker born in 1879 in Mt. Savage to parents, John McCusker and Mary Kelly. If this is same family, it might be that your great grandfather, James Joseph and Bernadette might be siblings!! I do not have any other information ... Please advise. Thank you... It would be amazing if there is a relationship and fill in some of the blanks for us!! THX in advance.

Marion

Hi Shari,
I was very happy to receive your email....and would love to have your family history.
We are going to be using hard copy and digitals in our Genealogy Archive Center.
Right now, most of what we have is in printed hard copy form. So, whatever is best for
you.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us. If you are ever in the Mt. Savage area,
please let me know ahead of time and I would love to give you a tour of our historic
buildings and sites.
Also, if you email your address to me, I will mail you a copy of our latest newsletter.
Thanks again Shari, and I will be looking forward to receiving your family history.

Becky Korns, Secretary
Mt. Savage Historical Society

Hi Becky,

I will send to you a hard copy of my family history.

In searching Maryland web sites I found that the McCusker house on Old Row was listed as an historic site. Does Old Row still exist? Are you aware of any pictures that might exist of Old Row?

Shari

Hi Shari,
Yes Old Row still exists. In fact our historical
society musuem is a 3 story duplex row house that
was built in the mid 1800's to house the Irish immigrants. If you will go to the home page of this
website and click on "Town Photos" and then click
on "Old Row" you will see some great pictures of Old
Row. I will be emailing some other information I
have for you. Thanks Shari, and we are looking forward to receiving your fmaily history.
Becky

Hi Becky,

Thank you for the information on Old Row.

Shari

Becky-
I have a tree on Ancestry.com that contains about 26,000 individuals. Most of my people hail from Mt. Savage, Lonaconing, Barton, Westernport through to Piedmont and WV.
I would be more than happy to share this info. but the shear volume may make that impossible. I can invite the site as a guest,perhaps and this would allow anyone to access through your site.
Let me know if you are interested and how we can work together. Some of the Names include: Moran,Lynch,Saxton,Evans,Doyle,Lancaster,Decker,Phillips,Atkinson,Dye,Broadwater,Beeman,Arnold and many others.
Mike