Whats on your mind in Mt Savage !

Whats on your mind in Mt Savage !
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mary Decker

Dear Mt. Savage Forum:

I am trying to obtain information about one Mary Decker, who is buried in St. Patricks cemetary in Mt. Savage. She was married to Captain Waldo Pierce Decker for an unknown time and lived with him in Long Beach, California. He was born in Maine. She died in Los Angeles Feb. 5, 1987. She was born Oct. 12, 1922 in Mt. Savage. Waldo was my grandmothers sister, my great uncle. She may have been buried as Mary Kathleen Moran. I am wondering why she was not buried in a veterans cemetary with her late husband Waldo Pierce Decker, who died in 1964 in Long Beach, CA. Perhaps she remarried after he died? Is there a local paper that might have had an obituary? She had sons with Waldo named James Gerard Decker, Michael Thomas Decker, Patrick Decker, and Robert H. Decker. Does anyone have any information? Thank you.

Re: Mary Decker

According to family tradition her brothers went to CA picked up her ashes and brought them home for burial in the family plot@ St. Patricks Catholic Church Cemetery. The stories never say, why.
MMoran