Return to Website

Beartracker's Guest Forum

Enter into the discussions or just read and learn from others. Have fun! No commercial advertising, please.

Forum: Beartracker's Guest Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: ID track?

I scratched and scratched and dug for references ..... drawing blanks on all sides.
Bear ... hmmm 4 toes ...
Cougar ..... hmmm pad is wrong
other cat ... wrong pad

pic 1442 tells a good tale.
Heavy critter - deep tracks.
The first good print to the 2nd good print - the critter took a bit of a corner - and kept turning - however, no rotation marks showing in any prints.
The tire over runs on most of the tracks cause for a pause as well.
pic 1442 - print with quarter - below the print is a RH human hand print - I don't think its yours Ross as the print seems timely of the bigger prints a bit filled in too.
The critter is missing a digit on inside of both front paws - L and R - a 4 toed (L&R front paw) bear. Now a 4-toe bear is likely, but on all paws would be a definate (although possible) rarity.
As noted - no hind leg tracks either ... bigger hmmmm.

You got a good head scratcher here ..... but weighing the possibilities ... the tracks were made once - I'd look for more of same (maybe some more pics). Could take a while - but if you zero out on finding more ...
What time of year was it ? Might lead insight to miratory animal or local resident.

You got a good head scratcher here ..... but weighing the possibilities ... the tracks were made once - I'd look for more of same (maybe some more pics). Could take a while - but if you zero out on finding more ...
What time of year was it ? Might lead insight to miratory animal or local resident.

I believe though, that you are looking at one brown bear - about 350-400 lbs.

Bear seem to be my favorite / best known track as I seem to attract them while out in the bush (hiking, hunting, flyfishing). Cats come a close 2nd favorite (yet to track one down - but they're about). 2 cats taken in the area in the past 3 months.
Will be interesting to what this year brings.

darrell,

Email  
Re: Re: Re: ID track? - by Andy - Jan 12, 2005 7:22pm
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Web Tools   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com