Meeting of the Clans

Welcome to the McDade Forum. Post genealogy questions, share information or just introduce yourself.

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
McDades' of Pennsylvania

Hello,

I am trying to piece together my "McDade mystery".

My McDade/McDevitt family immigrated to Cambria County (also Blair County) Pennsylvania from Ireland in year unknown.

My Margaret McDade was born in 1834 in Wales/Ireland/PA. She married Joseph Miller who was an immigrant from France. They lived in Cambria County and Westmoreland County.

She is related (somehow, possibly mother, possibly aunt) to a John and Rosanna McDade who first show up in the 1830 US Census in Allegheny Twp, Cambria, PA. My *guess* is that they came through Canada, as I have a Charles McDevitt (can't find it right now) whose immigration record states he was born in Canada and naturalized in Cambria County.

Other related McDade's/McDevitt's, include Dennis, Anthony, Arthur, Charles, Peter, John, Henry (possibly).

My McDade's were Catholic and if all related, from Naturalization Records, they were from County Donegal.

Please let me know if you have any connections!

Who is the McDade in your background? Margaret McDade

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Free Blogs   Email Forms   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com