Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RMA Historical Reunion 2006

Lloyd (Ace),

Thanks for the message and observations. You are right, it has been over 90 days and we have no excuse as an Association for the lapse in time. As President, I have carefully reviewed the series of events and circumstances for the delay and want to personally assure you that while we let too much time slip by, the reasons are understandable and we have taken steps to address what is in our control.

Our Webmaster feels that he can address the photo question by years end and as a point of reference, managing photo’s versus adding text, is a more complex task and I know you will appreciate the differing workloads. Frankly, we have so many photos it may be tricky to decide what goes up and what goes into archives.

Financially, the Association has specific safe guards and expectations for the Treasurer. Jerry Feitler is responsible for managing the financial affairs of the Association in accordance with the Association's By-Laws and he will make an Annual report to the President as to the financial condition of the Association. While I cannot speak for Jerry directly, I can assure you that this report will be prepared after the end of the calendar year and that he is responsible to publish this report within 60 days of that date.

As a brief update, at our second conference call on October 14th., we outlined and arranged for the orderly transition of funds from Rick Bogoff to Jerry Feitler. That process has now been completed.

You can expect that the reunion expenses, revenues and account balances will be within the annual report. If you have a specific question, however, please feel free to contact me and I can share with you what was generally planned and how we managed the process.

The highlights of the first meeting in August were posted on the website and cited individuals who are heading up the Association’s History - Gene Shalander, the Association’s Parliamentarian - Leland Easton, the Association’s Webmaster - Bob Fritz and Doug Gover was appointed the chair of the Strategic Planning Committee. We will be seeking the participation of other Cadets for key roles in reunion planning and other Association activities/committees.

The Association Leadership of Vice-President Gary Weaver '69, Secretary, Mike Vagi, '60, Treasurer, Gerald Feitler, '52, and myself welcome questions and comments.

We view the message forum as a means for Cadets to share their perspectives and stay in touch with each other in ways that promote the founding principles of the RMA Rough Rider Association, which are the Promotion of Alumni Friendship, the On Going Development of Alumni Network, the Leadership to Coordinate Reunion Planning and The Focal Point for Association Planning, to name a few.

We look forward to you assisting us in this vision and hope you will participate in one of the committees.

Re: RMA Historical Reunion 2006

I know things have been slow and I hope that, with time, they will speed up to par. However, $25.00 paid in dues, is that good money? Some of the associations I belong to have dues in the hundreds per year. Of course, those groups can afford state of the art management. As far as audit and where the money went....Well, let's see. I sent a check which included my bank account. So far, nobody has stolen my identification so, I don't think $25.00 will take anyone very far. I don't complain. I am not a member nor did I volunteer to be a member of the Association board of directors. I am sure they will take care of it properly and in due time.
Frank