Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: REUNION WEEKEND

Hi Guys,
I just wanted to send a note to you all and let you know how very much I enjoyed the RMA reunion. I have to tell you that I was left speechless when Mike Vagi announced that you all were making me an Honorary Cadet, and I am rarely speechless, but I was so moved by it I could only hug Mike and say "thank you." However, I wanted to let you all know how very much that meant to me. Since I have lived most of my life in Aledo and my grandma was a nurse at the academy (by the way she just turned 93 today)the RMA has a very special place in my heart. I can remember as a very little girl watching the cadets march in our parades and sitting in the pews at my church (College Avenue Presbyterian Church) wide eyed as I watched several cadets come in in uniform and join us for worship service. You all made a big impression on a little girl.

I loved visiting with you all and hearing the stories this last weekend!! I'm not sure if I can belive ALL the details, as I know that the stories from our youth can grow a bit over th years, but what I did gather from talking to you is that you have a special place in your heart for the academy and Aledo and many of you told me the academy made you a better person, that is really cool. I know the RMA motto was Builders of Men but I have to say from my personal experience they left a word out of that motto, it should read Builders of Good Men, as you all are some of the finest I have ever met. I am truly blessed to have met you and I am a better person for having met you all.

By the way, my grandma's mind isn't as good as it used to be, in fact she doesn't remember me anymore, but, to this day, you can mention the RMA and a light goes on in her eyes and she has all kinds of stories to tell you about "her boys" and what fine young men they were. From the bottom of my heart, thanks again for the honor guys it is one I will always treasure.
See you all in a few years!
Your Honorary Cadet Pam Ricke

PAM // Re: REUNION WEEKEND

Aw Pam!!
What a great letter you just wrote! You are Great and I'm happy you are now an Honorary Cadet too! It was great to meet you and great to have such a wonderfully warm welcome that we all received during our daytrip to Aledo on Saturday. Did I say it was all very "GREAT" yet? LOL!
I did not know the story about your Grandmother nor your experiences growing up in Aledo, but am so happy you shared it with us. Thanks Again for all youve done! May you have a Super Life!!
Warmest Wishes, Marv Calfin '67