Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
R Club Paddle....................

Okay I've asked this ? before but received no replies. 2 requirements are needed to answer this ? (1) U have to be and R club member (2)U have to have been that member from the class of 59' and back. Does any R club member from 59' and back have a paddle. The initiation for new club members was they had to crawl on their knees thru a line of Seasoned members and be paddled on their back sides until they finished the line. They were made in wood shop,and was discontinued with the class of 59' as one new member was hurt pretty bad. I have heard that they a work of art but have never seen one. I'd like to see one if any one of u guys who had one still has one.

Re: R Club Paddle....................

I know this does not answer your question. Just wanted to ad that, when I made it into it and became a "ranker," they instead of using the paddle they were already using the hands. You laid on the floor and each one came and slapped you once. Looking back, pretty stupid. I remember when Matecki got his, he looked he had been through a second Hiroshima bombing!