Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Reunion Registrations?

Sir, one ? for u if I have the right guy. U were the G company commander in 62' right. U didn't go on to high school right so far I hope. If this is u did you grow any since u were in school???????? I don't mean that in a bad way its if this is you u were such a small cadet in elementary school....... Barbarian class of 64' PS Im in so I hope to see u there.

Re: Re: Reunion Registrations?

Richard,
Glad you are in! You are correct, I was G Co. CC for two years, and also was very short in those days. I did finally grow some more, too!
Jim

Re: Reunion Registrations?

To Jim Robertson,
I hope you do not mind me responding because this has nothing to do with Reunion Registration. I am thinking that you are the same Jim Robertson that dated my sister Linda (Baker), probably around the year or before you graduated. She had a picture of a cadet signed "Jimmy Robertson" during that time. As I recall meeting you way back then and reading the response to your post that you were not very tall. I mentioned this to my sister and she said it sounded very much like the "Jimmy Robertson" (ha)that she remembered dating and that you were a company commander (or such). I am sure that you would not remember her, but I just remembered the name and wondered if could be the same.
Rita(Baker)Parkinson

Re: Re: Reunion Registrations?

Rita,
Thanks for your post. Either yours or Linda's memory is very good. I remember her well, because she was one of the first girls I ever dated! The time period was during my 8th and 9th grade years. I don't remember whether Linda was in the same grade, or exactly how we met; I suspect it was at a basketball or football game between RMA and Aledo. In those days, a "hot date" was a movie at the Aledo Opera House, and hopefully time for something to eat in the alley grill (I don't remember its name) before time to walk home. Perhaps you or she will join us at one of the mixers during the reunion? It would be fun to see anyone I knew then, and I am really looking forward to the whole weekend.
Best regards,
Jim