Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Headwaiter Job at RMA

Ted, I do remember that episode now that you mentioned it. I don't remember who delivered the sick tray, only that it was someone you wanted to mess with. So you got two birds with one stone! You always were a clever fellow Teddy.Remember Herbie Goldfarb and the bottle of Jurgens ( did I spell that right) lotion?

Re: Headwaiter Job at RMA

Its nice to know I wasn't the only jag in school,even though I graduated Three years before you were head waiter and graduated.Maybe, we should have all the jags get together to see how many of us there were at school.

I don't know about you Richard but I still hold the title JAG near and dear to my heart.Being a life long blue collar worker and Union Officer holding different offices for over 30 years in different Unions.Also being a die-hard NRA member & Republican.I get a lot of heat from fellow Union members for being a Republican ( can't help it too many anti-gun Candidates from that OTHER party)! And being a Vietnam Veteran(yes I enlisted after graduating in 1967) to boot, makes me a JAG in the eyes of many!But isn't it being outspoken and remaining true to our own beliefs no matter what, that labels us as JAGS in the first place?

Re: Re: Re: Headwaiter Job at RMA

Boy I hold pretty much hold your views Sir that's why I say we probably could have a big group of Jags at a reunion. thanks for the comments Sir......

Re: Headwaiter Job at RMA

Marvin Calfin came over to Beautiful Naples Flrida for only a day "Like a dummie" as he put it. (Where he put it I have no idea but that's another story.) He urged me to write to you.

Marvin aka now Marcus wants to know when your coming to the Detroit area since your your always asking when he is coming to Muskegon. By the way..he says to say hi.

I hope to see you at next reunion. Marvin now Marcus, says hello.

Herb Golden/Goldfarb

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I remember with fondness my Headwaiter job my senior year at RMA.Even after my demotion from Cadet Sgt.1st Class to Private due to my own big mouth by disobeying a direct order from Col.Lawson (refusing to play volley ball).Capt. Brooks who was a friend to all us cadets,refused to remove me from my Headwaiter job even at the repeated urging by Col. Lawson."Brookie" was a cool guy.I not only was paid 25 cents per meal by Capt. Brooks. I got the best of every thing to eat from Jess & Sam the cooks! And I got to wander around the mess hall during meals and visit with my chums like Marv Calfin, and Bill Goetz to name a few.All in all it was one of the better jobs I have had in my life! And don't forget the poor cadet who was the waiters waiter (animals animal I believed we called him) who had to serve the waiters after everyone else left the mess hall.I also would like to thank Cadet Bruce Lutz who also "protected" me from Orderly duty and such after my demotion. Bruce would smile at me and tell me what a "jag" I was. Guess what Bruce? I still am a "jag"

Marv and Herbie you guys can change your names as often as you like. But to me you are still (and forever will be) Marv Calfin and Herbie Goldfarb (smile)!! Anyhow nice to know you both are still around and kicking (whatever name your using). As my Mother lives with me and is getting up in age I don't travel too far away much anymore. Also being a fat grumpy old man now has slowed me down quite a bit too. But I hope to make it over to Marv's side of the state one of these day. I do have plans to meet Ted Herkowitz next month in Saugatuck when he and his wife are there on vacation. At least I know Ted will be traveling under his REAL name (unlike some others I could mention)!!