Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: THE SOUND OF SILENCE

Mr Gene , I went to school after you and was a permanent member of the slab. As you can see your last name was elimiated as I didn't write it down before I wrote this. I hope your new home in Ocala Fl is still standing after the resent Hurricane Season? As for the ghost of Co. B, I lived there too in my years at RMA. I never understood the Ghost stories. Fact of fiction? As for your scout duties, well my son was in scouting for a number of years and I enjoyed it just as much as I enjoyed RMA> Unforateunately, I never made it up the ranks like you did, like RMA and the armed services I was lucky to get out. Scouting was a big part of my son's development and its a great Organization. My Hats off to you sir for your continued service... Rick Karpes 64'

Re: Re: THE SOUND OF SILENCE

WELCOME TO YOU RICHARD AS A MEMBER OF THE LONG MARCH GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH ME (GET IN STEP)IT WAS LONG AGO I STARTED ACROSS THE SLAB.
FEW CADETS OF RMA HAD THE EXPERIANCE OF SCOUTING AS WELL AS BEING A CADET UNTILL THEIR SONS BECAME SCOUTS YEARS AFTER THEY "WALKED THE SLAB" GLAD YOU TOOK THE TIME WE HAVE A LOT IN COMMON

GENE