Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: the ghost of company B

Hey Skip, I lived in B company my first year. I never saw a ghost but always heard about it. Just like the little boy who was suppossedly murdered on the grounds and is seen in the area still. When I made rank, I had to do night checks many nights. Always heard the steps but never saw anything ghostly, other than Steve Matecki sleep-walking and some other guy trying to sneak a bottle or a take an illegal puff.
YOu know, if it wasnt for stories such as those, RMA could have been unbearable. Got any more? I think we should start publishing in this page some of the stories that made life at RMA,"unique," for lack of better words.
Do you remember, or does anyone remember, the night Mr. McArthus's vw was lifted from the side parking lot and placed in the slab?
Frank

Re: the ghost of company B

When was B company floor closed? Does anyone know WHY it was closed? I attended and was in B Company in 52/53 and til end of fall term in Dec. 1953. B Company was housed on the 2nd floor of the Main Barracks (not Niles Hall) during all that time. I was in a 4 man room in the corner above the 'stab'.
Another strange thing is they show a person with my name but different middle initial as having passed away. I am still kicking last time I checked, some 50 years later........I did leave due to certain conditions, but I am NOT the ghost of Co. B!

By the way, William "Doc" Crandall is still seen in a TV commercial for Ridgecrest Retirement Village in Davenport, IA on a local TV station there. He passed away over 30 years ago. I serviced his television when I lived and worked in Davenport. He was the RMA "Shrink", a psychologist. One of the best staffers ever.

Re: Re: the ghost of company B

Hi, Harry, company B was always in North barracks during my 4 yrs at RMA. The reason for closing the third floor (B.CO.) was enrollment was down. This was in 71 or72 I believe. Still looking for some good ghost stories!!! Skip