Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: How did the gym burn down?

thanks frank, Always heard that story. would it be nice if those envolve would come forward an come clean. I am sure it would heip them also. I still remember how hot that fire was that nite. Skip

Re: Re: Re: How did the gym burn down?

Yep, it was hot that night. I remember going into the side with Captain Miller to see if we could get some of the ammo out only to have some fire chief kick us out. That roof came down like a stack of dominoes. I will never forget how it went down in less than ten minutes, the whole thing.
As far as those three guys, two were pure crap, trash. The other, nobody would suspect him of anything of that sort. But, I doubt very much if they would come clean now.
Besides, I think there was more to it than met the eye. In 71 I became a cop here in Dade county,(Miami). A year later I was a narc and the name of one of them came up in a national investigation we were conducting involving radical groups trying to kill police officers.
It was then that I contacted Mercer County Sheriff and so on and so on and they all wanted no part of it. Even someone at the top of RMA adm refused to do anything about it.
So, skip, I think the best thing is to forget about it. As it turned out, neither of the three amounted to much in life so they may have gotten their own punishment that way.
Frank