Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dave Maxwell - Class of 59'

Dave Maxwell, class of ’59 has been diagnosed with lung cancer and he had surgery to remove half his lung. Thought it was all good until last year when Dave was diagnosed again with lung cancer and this time they said it was inoperable. It spread to lymphnodes, spine, and liver. Dave has been undergoing chemotherapy and it has worked well for the lungs, but not the liver. I guess lung cancer behaves differently when it moves to other organs and the chemo has been unsuccessful in treating the liver cancer.

His doctors want to start him on a new drug that they hope will help extend his life and slow the growth of the cancer in his liver.

For the first 2 months of treatment, it will be over $4000 and after that deductible it will be about 5% of that. My parents cannot come up with original $4000.

What we're trying to do here, is come up with the funds for Dave to get this treatment. We've been absolutely blown away by the outpouring of generosity from their family, friends and neighbors.

I don’t want anyone to think that donating is the only way of helping Dave – donations of good wishes and prayers are just as welcome as monetary ones.

Should any cadet be interested, checks can be made out to Donation for Dave Maxwell and sent to Angela Roberts, his daughter, at 341 E. Parkway Blvd,, Shelton, Wa. 98584.

They are having garage sales and doing everything they can to help Dave live a while longer. If you have questions, you can always contact Angela, at angstevenadrian@aol.com

This is not a message asking for donations. Just meant to be informational. If you’d like to help, contact Angela. Thanks. Jim Schweda ’60 jtschweda@yahoo.com

Re: Dave Maxwell - Class of 59'

Am sad to report that Dave passed away this past Saturday.

His family wants to thank all of you who reached out to him and his family during his last days.