Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ROOSEVELT MILITARY ACADEMY CADETS TO BE HONORED

My fellow Roosevelt Cadets ,
In the coming days ALL known cadets that we have address for are about to receive a very important letter from the RMA Rough Rider Assoc.
This letter is a very important part of our lives as CADETS at Roosevelt Military Academy in Aledo.
This is going to be your chance to be part of history and have a place with your name enshrined on it.
Aledo has offered to allow any and all CADETS who attended RMA to be part of the Aledo Armed Forces Memorial YOU DID NOT NEED TO SERVE IN THE MILITARY TO TAKE PART, just being a CADET at RMA qualifies you.
So if by the 10th of August you have not received your letter from the Association, Please give me a call or email , letting me know that you have not received your letter.
Our goal is to get over 100 Cadets involved, and I hope that you are one of them.

Thanks,
Yours Truly & Best Regards

Lloyd E. Young Sr. USA Ret.
President RMA Rough Rider Assoc.

Re: ROOSEVELT MILITARY ACADEMY CADETS TO BE HONORED

I'm in so you only need 99. Tell me how much is
the contrybution

Very good idea. You can count me in if a donation is needed. However, I will decline having my name placed on such memorial. I don't feel I deserve to be in it since I never served in the military, in fact, I opposed the Vietnam war with a passion. That memorial should serve to honor ONLY those who served and gave their lives,( the war was not their fault), not those of us who refused to. So, let me know how much and to whom to send the payment to.

Hello Frank,
I an pleased to see that you want to support our endeavors with the City of Aledo.
First I would like to bring to your attention that this memorial is being sponsored by the APBA i.e. the Aledo Police Benevolent Association. And as a former Police officers you and I both know that the "men in blue" are the last line of armed defense of our great nation.
That is why this is not called a military memorial, but instead i.e. Armed Forces Memorial I belive.
So I hope that after you receive your letter and email from me with all the great details in it, you will reconsider and place your Brick/Paver alongside your fellow Cadets, I know I would be honored to have your Brick/Paver next to mine.
On the 18th of July , four of your former Cadets, one from FL, one from Ky, one from MO and one from IL, came to gather in Aledo and spoke with the City folks and the Aledo City Council on behalf of all Cadets to make sure that any Cadet who attended RMA could have a Brick/paver if they wanted too and it was agreed that RMA should have its own area within the memorial sense they have had a long history with Aledo.
So as shown in the illustration that I sent out to each Cadet , Aledo has granted us once again a presents in Aledo..
We were a part of Aledo then 1931-1973 and we are once again apart of Aledo.
Once again I hope you will join us.
With Best Regards
Ace

Obviously, I did not know that this memorial included former po's. I thought it was to honor only those who served in the military and I didn't feel I deserved to be included. Let me know the pertinent information when it becomes available and thank you for the explanation.

Hay Frank, by now you should have all the info. Will you join us??? It's a great cause will you help us reach that 100 mark? AS can see Aledos' Po's are the sponsors.

Ace

ACE
You will see that some of our former cadets are so cheap that any ecuse to not put out a dollar is used..... Bummer, but thats the way it is...

Yah!! all mouth no show!!!