Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2010 REUNION

A LITTLE NOTE TO LET ALL KNOW WHERE THIS REUNION COMMITTEE CAME FROM. AS YOU CAN SEE THE ANNOUNCEMENT MADE ON THIS WEB SITE FOR THE REUNION IS MADE WITH A CURVE OF INFORMATION. THE TRUTH IS THE ASSOCIATION HAS DONE ZERO, NOTHING, 000 IN REGARD TO THEIR DUTIES FOR HAVING A REUNION. I AND THREE OTHERS TOOK THE INITATIVE TO MAKE THE REUNION A REALITY.
ONLY AFTER WE FORMED OUR COMMITTEE AND STARTED MAKING THE ARRANGEMENTS, DID THE ASSOC OFFICERS JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON AND START MAKING DEMANDS AND ULTAMADIUMS. THIS WAS DONE AFTER THEY INDICATED "WERE BEHIND YOU 100%" THEY WANTED A HIGHER AMOUNT CHARGED TO BENEFIT THE ASSOC. THEY WANTED TO RAISE THE AMOUNT SO THEY COULD GIVE A DISCOUNT TO ASSOC. MEMBERS, ETC ETC. THIS DID NOT AND WILL NOT BE THE WAY WE OPERATE. TIMES ARE TOUGH AND MANY MIGHT HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY THE ECONOMY. THAT IS WHERE THE IMPASS IS AT. WE TOOK THE ATTITUDE THAT WE WANT MORE GUYS TO BE ABLE TO ATTEND RATHER THAN FEWER. **THIS WILL BE A GOOD TIME, TRY NOT TO MISS IT**

Re: 2010 REUNION

This is why I will not renew my membership. The day I want to go to Aledo and embark on a trip to memory lane, I will do so without nothing to do with the Association.