Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ??

I hope I'm like a lot of you and wait for someone else to wish Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, etc., etc.

It's not much to offer, but RMA is in my heart. My two years influenced me in everything from table manners to outlook on life.

You see? It sounds so corny, I'm hesitant to say it --but I did and feel better for it.

Next!?!

Well Ralph, I guess you don't have the time to read all the replies you are getting. I am surprised the site can handle such outpour of comments.

Seriously, I think this Association is defunct. And, I find very rude and of poor class that, nobody from the so called, "Board," had the courtesy to issue a statement on behalf of the Board during the Holiday Seasons.

There is no talk about the upcoming reunion and as you can see, nobody writes anything, be it praise, or insult.

I can almost bet you that, the next comunique will be in the next few weeks to remind everyone to pay their dues. I don't know about you, but it will be a cold day in hell before I give one more penny to a group that so far, don't show what they do with the dues we pay. As far as I am concerned, this is a dead issue and my dues will go to charity this year. Keep in touch.
Frank

Well said Frank - I agree!

I Honestly believe if any one wants to see how the Rough Riders Association monies have been spent, this past year,Mr. Gerald Feitler, '52(Jerry) our Treasurer for the Rough Riders would gladly send you a copy of our financial statement for 2009.
And as far as for sounding OFF, you accomplish nothing but vent your anger at someone or thing and what do you accomplish??
And yes I believe there is going to be a Reunion in 2010 in the Rock Island area.
I know for a fact that part of the 2008-2010 board has been out of the USA for the last 6-8 months give or take. When Uncle Sams calls (not duty) some of us gladly respond. We do not sit at home drinking our self into oblivion.
And yes the Rough Rider had a chance to get control of North & Nile Hall for FREE and it was ignored.
Under the laws of ILL we could of tentative rebuilt the buildings into assisting living quarters and bypass some of the Ill. laws, but know one was interested in getting control of them.
So who fault is it????
And yes support the Rough Riders by giving your dues to some one else. But just remember this is election year and we need to get someone elected who will move forward and get things done,by the votes of active dues paid members and there is those of us out there that do care, so think twice before abandoning your old military school.
Ace

Lloyd, I will now reply, parragraph by parragraph to your posting regarding my comments. I hope you don't take this personally but,if you do, oh well!

First of all, you are talking about the financial statement that our so called Treasurer has issued or, should have? Well, unless I am wrong and if I am, please, correct me, the last posting of any financial statement was from the year 2007 which in fact covered the year 2008. In the link that covers membership, it clearly shows that, to go to that year's financial sheet, to click. Lloyd, let me ask you. Have you noticed that, the years have passed and now, we are in the year of the Lord, 2010? Whatever happened to, 2009?

As far as what I posted, it is not sounding off, it is just stating in public my comments as to the state of this Association. You said that I vent my anger? Lloyd, I am not angry at anyone. IF anything, I just laugh at the whole thing and at the duality of pretending to maintain a fraternal organization that lacks just that, fraternity. So, I am not angry, I assure you that.

What did I accomplish, you asked? Well, guess what, Lloyd? I have accomplished something. For the first time in months, there has been posting and debates over an issue. The web page that Bob has worked so hard to keep in operations, has come to live once again. Isn't that worth it?

Do you realize that, the last posting, except the one about someone looking for someone, was posted by Jerry on September 2009? That, for the next 3 or 4 months, there was nothing posted? You call that an Association that is alive and kicking?

I am glad you believe there will be a reunion, even if only a handful show up. I hope hundreds will but, unless the word gets around and the enthusiasm is awaken, only a very few will be there in the old slab looking at Niles Hall. But, not talking about it, not getting the people motivated, will not accomplish anything. And, whose job that is? The Board or, who?

You are a great American, Lloyd. A pride to the stars and stripes. That is why you don't stay home drinking yourself into oblivion as you say when the nation calls. Well, just in case you think you live in a microcosm, not all of us would do such despicable acts such as drinking ourselves into oblivion and refuse to serve. You see, most of us have served this great country, one way or another.

So, what is your point, Lloyd? Even if the Board is out of the country, serving the nation, don't they have a computer, lab top, so they can at least say something, write a message? How about letting us know about their efforts in the name of freedom and the American way? OR, do we have a web page that only notifies people that so and so have died?

I belong to a few organizations and, during the holidays, or other special ocasions, mails are sent to everyone keeping the membership posted of what is going on. Monthly newsletters are the norm, LLoyd.

At least, give the impression that, this membership is alive and not just taking dues that nobody can account for their destinies. How about a holiday message to all members on behalf of the Board? How about alerting members of plans for 2010? Hey Lloyd, creative writing is a field that opens many doors to the imaginative and creative.

As far as the buildings being turned into an assisted living facility, I seem to remember that, over 20 years ago, that was the purpose of the buildings. Whoever sold them or allowed the company to run them, was very derelict in not managaing the properties.

But, what can we do now? NOthing Lloyd, nothing other than move on.

I don't know about you, but, I say, let's move on. RMA, at least to me, is not a building, but rather, a builder of character and a door to a future that, outside RMA, I may have never been able to discover. Building or no building, RMA lives in my heart no matter what city I am visiting.

And, as far as your last parragraph, well Lloyd, it took you 7 parragraphs to get to the core of your message. Election year! Are you announcing your candidacy for any of the positions available? Because, it sounds as if you were running for office.

I feel that, mosts of the Board members need to be voted out or at least, made accountable for having done nothing for this Association. And, if I am wrong, and they did a lot, publish it so we, the members who have paid our dues and are interested, may know what their accomplishments were.

Silence is golden, very true, but only if the Tremeloes sing about it.

By the way, Lloyd, I just wonder, by the age most of us are approaching, or are already there, what type of foreign service are those Board members involved in?

Perhaps, marketing the AARP?

Bravo Frank, I think that maybe we have kicked an sleeping lion, and maybe we'll get some answers!! Did we awaken him? time will tell!
Your points are well taken.
As for running for office NO, I tried last time, but the election was decided (in my opinion) before we ever got to the 08 Reunion. Some votes were counted and some were not. But lets leave it at that.
If I did run again I would have a letter out every four months, and Yes I would of had some type of holiday greetings put out to our members and also to our non-members. A Cadet is a Cadet ,a member or Not!
I honestly believe there is an 09 Posting of financial sheet on the net. I do remember seeing it somewhere and was amazed that the only spending was for some stamps and other odds and ends.
I know that all the letters, paper, ink and stamps I used came out of my pocket and that is my decision.
As for our duties with Uncle Sam let me remind you Bob Fritz is an Army Officer I believe 0-6 retired, doing some kind of AUSA stuff, but if you spent any time in the mil you would know that even retired from the mil, army, Air Force, Nave or what ever, a lot of us go onto other government jobs, some classified and some not.(Remember there there's a so called war going on now in three fronts Iraq, Afghanistan and now Yemen.) And military-civilian play a large part i.e. Blackwater and others and some of us are in our low 60's and still going at it. And besides the pay is great!! Actually better then the mil.
And yes, I know that you spent your time with the Miami-Dade boys in blue in uniform and as a plains cloths detective, buy the way Job Well Done. And thanks for keeping the peace.
Also I was not implying that you were sounding off. It seems you have some concerns about the Rough Riders, and that is why I said points well taken.
Ace

Your points are well taken also.

Good Night Frank.
Ace

What did I tell you? Read up!!