Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old Barracks

For those who haven't seen the barracks in awhile you may want to soon. I rode by them just the other day. They are in sad decay. The present owners have not maintained them what-so-ever and the years have taken a toll. I have heard a rumor that the City of Aledo is trying to wrestle them away from the owners. However, they are to far gone for rehabilitation. There is a capstone on Niles Hall that I hope they will attempt to preserve if it should be torn down.

Re: Old Barracks

Well Jerry, I can tell you that is old news. It has been talked about what to do if anything for quite a while now. I know you can see thru the roof of North Barracks from the slab. Alot of us alumni think that it is a crime to have let the buildings get in their present condition. Oh well, what can you do. I guess it is different strokes for different folks when it comes to the meanings of RMA. Hope your at the next reunion.

Maybe we (alumni), should STOP talking about it. And GET IT DONE!! The last word was it has been offered to the Rough Rider Assc. free of charge. True or false?
If true lets do something execpt talk about it and do something to GET IT DONE. There are enought of us out there that are willing to do something execpt talk.
Someone living close to Aledo should get the TRUE facts put them on the forum. Get the word out and just maybe some of the Alumni that really care will come forward with ideas on how to GET IT DONE!!!
Ace class of 64

LLOYD
Slow down, the LIABILITY owning those buildings is huge. Free or not, I guarantee you it would not be free.

I think it's about time to move on. The past is past and let's keep it in our minds and hearts and move on. If someone finds a philanthropist who would like to spend some bucks and re-do the old building, then fine let's do it. If no, there are other Meccas other than Aledo to keep the spirit of RMA alive.