Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: reunions

Bob, in regards to the reunions. I know that the memories are important and that the RMA campus is in a way, sacrosant for us. However, let's face it, reunions are also to have some fun.

I think that going to Chicago, or Aledo is getting old. Who hasn't been there? That is why I suggested a reunion in Miami Beach. Than may attract more people. We have here the beach, sun, tropical attractions, in some places, gambling and why not, the only place on earth that dead people, not only vote, but their vote counts! ( Sarcasm is my middle name).

As far as the forum, I agree with you. I always thought the chat room would be a big sucess but, it has not been as it is almost always empty.

I don't have an answer to your concerns, but I do offer the thought of bringing the reunion to Miami Beach in 2010.

Re: Re: reunions

FRANK
The offer sounds good to go to Fl. I have to tell you that I have not seen you at any reunions recently, and if you would like to have it near you, then I would take that as you heading up a committee. You should contact Leland, and Gene (both in Fl). They would both be a big help on your committee. Let the rest of us know the whens and wheres so we can make our arrangements. Especially the hotel. PS July and August might be to hot for some in Miami.

Re: Re: Re: reunions

The last reunion I was able to make it to was in 1998 and it was great. Years later, I decided on one not to go. Last year, my wife and I were in Israel during the reunion.
As far as heading the reunion, I don't find myself qualified to do so however, the hotel, car rentals, attractions etc, can be arranged by my wife who works for AAA and WILL NOT RECEIVE COMMISSION AS A RESULT OF THIS CONVENTION, just to be clear so nobody would talk garbage.
I would, however, do what has to be done to assist you or anyone else in making it a big sucess. As far as August, yes, it may be very hot for some. Late October, November, January, February, are wonderful months. I did not say December due to the Holidays.
My only intention is to revamp the interest. I figured by now, all of us can walk Aledo blindfolded without incidents and again, it was only a suggestion.

Re: Re: Re: reunions

PS..Eric, it is not like I want to have it near me. For me, anywhere there is an airport is my backyard. It is just a matter of being able to be there. It doesn't mean I will be in Miami during the bash either! I may be out of the city or country, who knows!

Re: Re: Re: Re: reunions

OK FRANK
10-4

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: reunions

If we can get Florida why not shoot for MAY Memorial Day weekend. Ocala is about middle Fla and there are great things to do in the area. AND very little crime.