Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PLEASE SEND A GET WELL CARD OR POST ONE.

JOYCE LOCKERMAN A DEAR FRIEND AND SUPPORTER OF RMA WAS HOSPITALIZED TODAY IN VERY SERIOUS CONDITION. SHE IS THE COMPANION OF LELAND EASTON A CADET FROM RMA.

MANY OF YOU MET HER AT THE 2004 REUNION AND MANY OTHERS OF YOU MET HER AT THE 2006 REUNION. SHE IS THE ONE THAT HAS THE EAR TO EAR SMILE IN THE PHOTOS WITH THE FLAG JACKET.

THE DRS HAVE DONE EVERYTHING THEY CAN AND NOW IT IS IN THE HANDS OF THE ALMIGHTY, BY WHATEVER NAME YOU CALL HIM. PLEASE OFFER A PRAYER FOR HER RECOVERY.
YOU CAN ALSO SEND A GET WELL NOTE TO LELAND, HE WILL PRINT THEM OUT AND TAKE THEM TO HER. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE HIS E-MAIL ADDRESS. YOU CAN SEND IT IN CARE OF ME AND I WILL SEE THAT SHE GETS THEM.

THIS IS A SERIOUS REQUEST FOR HELP FOR A DEAR FRIEND.
LELAND KNOWS THAT I AM POSTING THIS ON THE FORUM.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP IN THIS MOST SERIOUS MATTER.

I DID NOT PUT THE HOSPITAL INFO HERE AS SHE CAN NOT HAVE VISITORS OR PHONE CALLS AT THIS TIME. I KNOW THAT YOU WILL UNDERSTAND.

GENE SHALANDER SR. '50
RMA HISTORIAN

Re: PLEASE SEND A GET WELL CARD OR POST ONE.

Tell him that her name will be recited at my Temple tomorrow night during Shabbat services. May G-d help them.

Leland our prayers and thoughts go out to you and Joyce in these times sickness.
May God keep you and Joyce together for many more years to come.
From the Young family God bless and may you and Joyce be blessed by the All-mighty.

Re: Re: PLEASE SEND A GET WELL CARD OR POST ONE.

Leland,

Your beloved Joyce will be in Cheryl & my prayers and I can only hope that God puts his loving, healing arms around her and completely restores her.
God bless both of you.

I AM PRAYING THAT THE ONE WHO SMILED SO MUCH AT THE REUNION WILL HAVE THOSE SMILES UPON HER ONCE AGAIN. OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU BOTH.