message forum where we can share our
community thoughts and ideas.

PLEASE VISIT US OFTEN AND ENJOY!

WWW.COVINGTONOHIO.ORG
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another thought of discussion to the city

After being a citizen of this great community for 9/10 years I've been troubled over something. I was told that if I ever changed my cement out front that I would need to put new down when thinking of improvements that I could not remove the old sidewalk and just do without it being I'm almost the only one on the street with sidewalks. Now my question is what exactly is the reasoning for this? Since the street department didn't lower the streets a couple of years ago when they put on another new layer then the water runs over it during the rainy season of the summer and I've yet to have a winter where I could walk across it due to piles of deep snow. If the city can't haul it away then why should I pay to have it removed when it all comes back from the streets in varried amounts at the city's will? Right now my very small front yard on Ludlow St. has 6 ft of snow/ice on it. I'm not trying to be mean just trying to get a grasp of the concept as if I pay to remove the old and put new down that I can only actually use it for 1/3 of a year in reality without deep rain or snow.

Sincerly,
Mr. Kessler

Re: Another thought of discussion to the city

Amazing, even after months of waiting our city rep's feel an explaination is not needed. Guess it's not in their interest to answer to the people they work for.

Thanks for nothing as this is as useful as going to the council meetings.

Mr. Kessler