message forum where we can share our
community thoughts and ideas.

PLEASE VISIT US OFTEN AND ENJOY!

WWW.COVINGTONOHIO.ORG
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kids Against Bullying

The week of October 5 – 11, 2008 is a week declared as national “Kids Against Bullying Week”. This sounded like a good effort to draw attention to so Cindy Miller and I (owners of www.covingtonohio.org) purchased bookmarks for the elementary students in the Covington Schools. When coordinating the presentation with Mrs. Gephart, Elementary School Principal and Mr. Earl, School Superintendant the suggestion was made to get Officer Steve Blei involved. What a great suggestion! It was then that I learned that Officer Blei has been giving training to all twelve grades in Covington for years. Officer Blei is trained and certified in how to work with various age groups on all kinds of neat stuff. It turns out Bully awareness is one of the many things Officer Blei presents throughout the school year. After meeting with Mrs. Gephart, Chief Harmon and Officer Blei and witnessing one of their classes it became obvious how lucky we are to have them in our Village. Mrs. Gephart tells me that the school provides programs on these subjects throughout the year. It is also good to know of the complete support Chief Harmon gives to Officer Blei with this program. “Proud to be a Covington Grandpa.”