message forum where we can share our
community thoughts and ideas.

PLEASE VISIT US OFTEN AND ENJOY!

WWW.COVINGTONOHIO.ORG
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Verizon *611 Good News

Over the past three plus years I have been on a campaign to get the Cell phone signal strength improved in Covington. Before I retired I worked in my home and my customers and business associates could not get to me on my cell phone. Many times I would hear the ringer but I would have to run outside to talk. I went to council and they agreed to send a letter to several phone companies requesting attention to the problem. Letters were sent under Mayor Yingst’s signature. No response was received from any one of them. I investigated the possibility of building our own tower or leasing space on a local water tower if the telephone company would locate a booster unit locally. The tower plus $1M price proved to be prohibitive for both the Village and the phone companies.
Recently I purchased a new Verizon cell phone service. With this came a phone call survey. I responded to the survey and so far I have been contacted three times. To my surprise, competition must be motivating Verizon to address some of their customer concerns. Now don’t get excited yet. The rules of good business sense still apply. We are a small community so we are going to have to sound like a big one. Return on investment is what keeps companies in business. The “Squeaky Wheel” is what gets customer service. I have been informed by a seemingly good Verizon employee that a letter from one person or a petition signed by hundreds will get attention but not enough to accomplish what we need.
WHAT WE NEED TO DO. Every time you have a dropped cell phone call, call *611, give the person you talk to the address of the problem and the problem.
Apparently their system is set up to notice the number of individual problems and we may get enough attention to stimulate getting a stronger cell phone signal for our community.
Please pass this on to your Verizon customer friends. *611

Re: Verizon *611 Good News

Does 611 work for all dropped calls for all companies or does it only work for Verizon?

Re: Verizon *611 Good News

Verizon is the only one I have made contact with. I would think all phone companies have a similar capability but you should verify the process with companies other than Verizon.