Return to Website

Albanian History Forum

We invite any viewers to share comments or questions that they might have about the history of Albania with all viewers of this site! We are dedicated to getting the word out on the History of Albania and would like to share the feelings of the community toward the history of this nation.

Albanian History Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ghikas

Hi,
I am doing some research on the Ghikas family. My grandfather was Alexandros Dimitrios Ghikas but I never met him and my mother doesn't know much about the family except for the fact that they were princes of Albania and/or Macedonia. But I don't now how long ago that was. If anyone knows a bit more please drop me a line.

Thanks,

Samantha Allflatt

sam@medusavision.co.uk

Re: Ghikas

Dear Samantha,

Thank you for your post and for taking an interest in our site. Unfortunately we can't really answer your question, nor do we feel it is really appropriate for our site. We generally look for things with a higher anti-Hellenic content than your post and frankly the Hellenic sounding names "Alexandros Dimitrios" dont't fit too well with the theories we are fabricating, either. However if you would like some substantiated views on the Atlantean and Illirian origins of modern Albanians and Albanian culture we would refer you to our homepage.
In conclusion we once again apologise for our lack of a proper response, but such would require us to actually read some books or visit libraries which we, as an organization, take a dim view of and find generally unrelated to serious scholarly debate.

Best Regards and thank you for your time

The Editors