Return to Website

Lady Literature's InnerSunrise Celebrating Light Love and Laughter

Welcome Friend, Welcome Traveler! Selam! Shalom! Slainte (Keltik selam)! Welcome! Hos geldin Arkadas, Hos Geldin Yolcu! We hope you enjoy the time you spend in our intercultural art, music, and literary world, and leave us your thoughts and impressions, like a carving upon an ancient rock, to be seen by other fellow travelers, well into the future! Umariz ki interkulturel sanat, muzik, ve edebiyat sitemize ziyaretiniz sizi memnun edecek. Lutfen burada duygularinizi, dusuncelerinizi, filozofinizi, bir agaca yazmis gibi, yazip ekleyin ki baska Arkadaslar ve Yolcular sonsuzluga dek okusunlar. We are all Bani Adam, sons & daughters of Adam - (hepmiz Bani Ademin cocuklariyiz) we are in this world but not of it. And it is about time to not only develop a global but a cosmic consciousness. As far as I am concerned, it isn't that important where one was born but how one lives. In our personal case the cookie crumbled this way that we were formed by various countries, cultures, faiths - some of them more in harmony with our essential being than others. However, all of them having left marks on us and made us into what I' m now: "Neither of the East nor the West, but of the World!"

Lady Literature's InnerSunrise Celebrating Light Love and Laughter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What happened to my review? I am posting it again!

Dear Kristina,
Was your Forum spammed again? I saw some of the posts have disappeared.
I am taking a chance and reposting my review for your novel, The Horseman.

The Horseman review in English

You wrote with love about my country, and I respect you. This review appeared at yahoo.com shopping.

Exciting, fast-paced, unusual
starstarstarstarstar by ferit1960 (03/27/2005)

Pros: James Mitchener, Katherine Neville, Anya Seton
Cons: Nothing that I can think of

This is an unusual novel. The plot is exciting,
fast-moving, and colorful, the time-period is late 60s and early 70s. It's rich on details about far away, exciting places such as Istanbul, Konya (Central Anatolia), and what is even more unusual, Mekka.
But the human element, the complicated
relationships, Turk, Kurd, American, Irish, and even
past-lives and karma, is what adds to the spice. I am
amazed at Kristina O'Donnelly's in-depth
knowledge about this part of the world. The plot
contains passion, down and dirty Turkish politics, bloody conflicts between the Turks and Kurds and a young American woman caught in between, also panoramic locales, heated love-triangles, even the Irish-Catholic experience. The characters have a way of grasping the reader by the collar and holding it tight until you finish to novel. Yet after I finished it I realized they stayed with me, and went and bought the sequel. Recommended for those who enjoy unusual novels.

Re: What happened to my review? I am posting it again!

Thank you Ferit, I sure appreciate your diligence! Blessings to you and yours, always.