Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How's the trolling been this week?

Still getting used to it up there, but I plan on being out again Sunday morning, probably on the water at 0800 at Flemingtown or so and run up to the Rockwall/Striper City area.

I noticed a bunch of boats last week near the upper end of Nutbush where the four shoal markers are south of the islands, but could not stop too long for fear of battery dying on the other boat. Is it worth a shot there, or just keep on up to the main lake?

Has anything moved down into mid Nutbush itself yet?

I plan on trolling 2-3 lines, at least one with a #700 spoonplug, but may switch to a small Storm shad instead of the traditional rooster tail as the trailer.

Not sure of the other lines, maybe a #1 planer so I can get deeper than 25' with either a rooster tail, bucktail with twister, or even a spoon, and maybe a diving crank bait on the last line.

Have noticed most fish mark at between 25' and 35' deep over 75' of water in that area. So far have only caught a blue cat and a small rockfish trolling, but that is still better than bottom dragging bait has done in the past few months.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated. Still have not upgraded to leadcore or downriggers, those will probably wait until next year and maybe a different boat.

Prefer to chase rockfish and cats, but would be happy with some of the big white bass some of you have reported.