Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BASS Regional

Before fishing the regional tourny, I used this site to gather some info. I think it's only right to return the favor.

Bass fishing during practice and the tourney was tough. During practice we came to a conclusion that these fish were not quite ready for the fall push back into the creeks. We hit a ton of main lake points, catching a few good keepers on carolina rigged senkos and 8" lizards. We caught fish on cranks, but they were bank runners and no where close to the 14" minimum.

The only problem with this pattern was that the bass were not stacked up on any of these points. You had to use the run and gun method, fishing as many points as you could. The fish we caught seemed to always bite in the on the first canvass of the area. 17 to 25 feet seemed to be the key, but we caught a couple in 10 foot.

Since I qualified as a non-boater, I fished with two guys who were on a crankbait pattern. Caught fish both days, but no keepers. Partner on the second boated the only keeper.

Hope this helps you guys, but I think these fish should be moving back into the coves chasing shad. If there not, run and gun the main lake points.

Hats off to all you southerners. You realy know how to treat a visitor in your area.