This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hibernia/Nutbush fishing?

Hi All!
I'm new to this board and to fishing Buggs Island. I have a place near Hibernia ramp and I've been fishing out of it several times but just can't seem to find any fish. I know the stripers can be anywhere between the cutthrough and Henderson depending on time of year etc. But, honestly I'm mainly concerned with getting my kids on fish. I'd love to get them on some smaller cats or white perch etc. Something that will keep their interests up. Are there any good areas in the Hibernia or Nutbush in general where I could put kids onto some fish?
Thanks!
Jerry

Re: Hibernia/Nutbush fishing?

There was a school right off Henderson Point Sunday morning around 7am. Another school was downlake around the red point. You just have to be lucky I guess and be in the right place at the right time. Listen on the vhf radio to channels 68 and 72. Call for white Top, Crew Cut or myself and we will be happy to help you if we can. The more boats working makes the chances of finding the school better. Just remember if a school is spotted PLEASE be courtious and dont start cutting people off and crossing lines.

about 2 coves to the right of the ramp I found a bunch of cats and white bass a while back...there's a few boulders on the bank and in the water in there. I mark fish all the time between the no-wake buoy and the mouth of the cove but I usually have a destination in mind when I pass there, that could be something you'd be interested in.

Thanks Scout and Ray for the info! I'll be down there next week to give it a try. Hopefully it'll cool down a bit before I get there!
Jerry