Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dove season

Anybody know a place where I can take my 4-year-old son dove hunting? I live in Durham NC but willing to travel a little and willing to pay a little. The bank took the farm away from one guy that was letting me hunt, and one spot has been taken over by horses. The game lands are right here at my doorstep but it draws a bigger crowd than the State Fair. Thanks, tight lines, Ray

Re: dove season

Sorry Ray, but I don't have any good suggestions for ya other than, like the game lands, choose your paid hunt wisely. My only paid hunt was one I hope not to repeat. It was near Fayetteville and it was slam full of people that seriously needed a course in gun safety, down right scary at times. Doves everywhere, but it took a long time to get a limit. Some of it waslack of shooting skills, but most of it was due to the fact that the doves were not making to my location. Actually, they didn't have a chance. My only suggestion if you do venture out, pick a spot on the outside of the field!!

Good luck and check the news paper, someone normally advertises public dove hunts in this area.
I live in hillsborough and like you, over the years have lost places to hunt, so I feel your pain.