new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
jug fishing

is it ok to jug fish

Re: jug fishing

its legal, but there is rules on it, i dont like to jug fish personally, but dont have anything agaisnt it if the people doing it are responsible when they do it

you should check into the rules of it if you plan on doing it

good luck

Jug fishing is legal, You have to have you name,address and phone number on every jug. No live bait except worms, and jugs have to be checked every day. They work great. I like to put out about a dozen in different coves that are pretty close to each other and then keep an eye on them. When I start catching blues on them in one area then I pull them up and start using a rod. Walmart sells a noodle that's pretty neat when you get a fish on the noodle stands up. Any game fish caught must be released.

IDEA hey i made my on noodles for half the price. and alot better then the walmart noodles.i got 3 of the big noodles from walmart.wich will make 15 1 foot noodles.$3.50 for 3.get 20 foot of 3/4 gray plastic conduet cost about $5 bucks at most 15 90s to go on end of pipe 25 cent a peice some good gule or caulking.the 3/4 pipe fits just right in center of noodle gule it good. put 90 on end. drill hole in other end of pipe for line cord or what everand i put that foam stuff in all my pipes to. you can or not. but my point is i made 15 noodles for under $20 bucks and the ones at walmart are small noodles mine are big and cheap hope this helps i send you a pic if you want.

guess what i use those noodles for,

shark fishing.

off of the peirs in hatteras, i use them sort of like a big bobber to carry big baits way out, usually i like to use amberjack,and tuna heads that i get from my friend at the boat docks, you cant really cast them, i use the noodle to float the bait way out into deeper water, works great, havent caught any on it yet but ive had some take over 500 yards of line, and then break the line

good luck

Hey Jak send me a picture.ax

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=98u2d0 if you want see my noodle lmao that just dont sound right