Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carolina Chips Lures

Hey yall... I live on Old Rock Rd. in Clarksville down where the bridge is coming through. I ran into this fella with his wife at Clarksville United Methodist Church a couple Sunday's ago and he said he was a custom lure manufacturer. I went to his site http://www.carolinachip.com . I aint seen his stuff at BOBCATS, but what do you think?

See yah

Rusty

Re: Carolina Chips Lures

Their address said that they're in Michigan. Is he a local?

I am basshunter in carolina chip's forum. He replies to folks on there. I am sposed to fish with him next time he visits family in Clarksville in August. I met him last summer when he bought some auto parts at the NAPA I worked at.

he said he grew up in Charlotte close to lake wylie and his wife's family lives in Clarksville. He told me he moved to michigan a few years ago for some reason but misses the south. I can understand bein stuck with all them yankees .

I have one of his baits that he gave me in the store but I was afraid of loosing it and put it with my collection.

OXBASS

Any stores around Buggs Island sell his lures? I'd like to see how the bass like the taste of a $17 crankbait ;)

$17 is cheap to some people.

$17 dollars wouldn't be a bad price if I didn't usually put my lure in a tree on every third cast. Just kidding. I think $17 is a good price for a hand made wood lure...in fact I've already spoken to Chip about making me a custom lure. He sounds like a real nice guy.

John

I think I better look for another profession.$300+ boat payments, $250 to fill the boat up, and $17 lures are cheap. I get upset losing a $1 cork and a 20cent hook, not to mention $20 to fill my tank!

I was watching a guy fill up the hooters race boat over here at the beach the other week. He topped off at $500 and then started filling up the second tank.

keepitsimple,

i feel your pain man, and i havent even started using the boat yet, still reapring the boat, thats alot of $ once you add it up to the rigs and stuff

good luck

spent most all the money i've made in my life on boat and fishin!! wasted the rest of it!!!!