Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
walleye fishing

would like to know if there is walleye in kerr lake we have fished for them in gaston and had some really good fishing and if there are where is a good place to fish for them thanks for any info if anyone is willing to give us

Re: walleye fishing

I've heard folks catching walleye in Kerr, but haven't got one from there yet. Most folks catch them while fishing for something else. I haven't had the time to figure out the patter in Kerr so I just go to the dam's trailrace park and get 'em there.

Tight Lines!

DALE THEY WERE STOCKED IN THIS LAKE AND SOME NICE ONES HAVE BEEN CAUGHT UP TO 4-5 LBS I UNDERSTAND BUT NEVER FISHED FOR THEM MYSELF. MAYBE WE CAN TRY IT NEXT WEEK I HAVE SOME WALLEYE LURES.

He he he. Most 'Walleye lures' are crap dreamed up by non-fishing marketing weenies. Use the stuff that gets the bait into the 'strike zone' which will likely be under his nose this time of year. 1/8 jighead with a white/yellow curlytail or nightcrawler. Sinking stickbait like a Rapala Countdown silver or gold. Points holding baitfish next to deep water in the morning or late evening (if the sun is overhead, the walleye is hiding his eyes).

Good Luck & Tight Lines!

Dale, the Staunton River around the rt 360 bridge which also has a boat ramp is a good location for summer walleye. This is probably about 12-15 miles upstream from where the Dan & Staunton Rivers meet. Silver & black crkbaits work good in the current there & daylight to 10 am is the time. What are the Gaston walleyes doing now?

judging from the fishlakegaston web site its been great, someone caught a trophy and a few other nice one the other day.

check it out at www.fishlakegaston.com

good luck

BEST LUCK I'VE HAD WAS ON DOWNSTREAM SIDE OF CLARKSVILLE BRIDGE OUT FROM 3RD THRU 5TH ABUTMENT. PART OF OLD BRIDGE UNDER WATER HERE. USED DEEP RUNNIN PLUGS (20-25 FT) ON THREE WAY WITH ROOSTERTAIL.EAST SIDE. CAUGHT 3 CITATIONS IN ONE DAY HERE IN AUGUST.