Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
to all catfishermen

anybody ever chum for cats? want to go to Island Creek Sunday night and try for some channels but want pass up a big ole Blue how's the bait catching going? does cut shad work better?

Re: to all catfishermen

i chum off the bridges sometimes works good. sometimes cut is the best and sometimes live is the best. depends what the fish feel like eating.

good luck

I HAVE CHUMMED FOR DIFFERENT TYPES OF FISH AND IT WORKS BUT MUST BE DONE IN A CORRECT WAY. THROWING DOG FOOD INTO THE LAKE AIN'T THE WAY TO GO. IF YO ARE FISHING BOAT, BRIDGE OR?? PUT THE CHUM UPSTREAM OF WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO FISH THEN THE CURRENT WILL BRING THE FISH UP TO YOU, IF YOU HAVE NO OR LITTLE CURRENT PUT THE CHUM VERY CLOSE TO YOUR FISHING SPOT IT WILL TAKE A WHILE FOR THE SENT TO MOVE OUT SO DON'T EXPECT MUCH RIGHT OFF. SOMETIMES THROWING A FEW MINNOWS INTO THE BRUSH PILE WILL SPARK THE CRAPPIES INTO HITTING SO EVEN THE MINNOWS THAT DIE HAVE A USE A FEW LIVE ONES AND SOME DEAD ONES. HOPE THIS HELPS.

I know the sriper head for the deep water but does the same thing apply to catfish? I know Island Creek has got a bunch in there but I can't catch em...am I fishing to deep or not deep enough?or just in the wrong spot? I dunno but I'm gonna try again tonight. Is there much trash from buoy 8 to 16

yeah dont throw dog food in the lake
i use a laundry bag with small holes in it. and i get alot of extra shad grind them up and freeze them in a big block. then when i use the chum it slowly melts away. it works good for me. something i noticed about chum was that it draws alot of gars also. oh and dont forget to tie the bag to a rope, i learned that from experience.

good luck

Re: TIM

WE CATCH THEM AS DEEP AS 60 FT CAUGHT ONE SATURDAY. TRY FISHING A LARGE SHAD OR CUT BAIT JUST OVER THE TOPS OF THE FLOODED TREES.

yeah, but at night, they usually go shallow this time of year. as long as the shallow is close to deep, and usually they get around mussels this time of year.

good luck