Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
00 evinrude 200

anybody got any input on this engine i'm looking at one but have not heard anything good about it

Re: 00 evinrude 200

I have an 00 Evinrude 115 and it has been money! It is fuel injected though. I know you said a 200 HP, but thought I would reply and let you know that the 115 I have has been great so far.

WORMER

i have a 1991 johnson 200 limited edition motor so far it has been a great motor but you have to use the hot tip plugs if u do much trolling they arent really made for low speed much thats the only thing i dont like about it but with a 20 foot long boat you need that i guess lol good luck

Be wary if it is Ficht Ram Injection. You can check out the attached link for details and see that Evinrude/Johnson had severe problems with these motors in 1999 & 2000. http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQK/is_3_6/ai_74699547
Not sure what your looking at but I think carb motors are supposed to be okay. I have an 03 Evinrude 200 which I'm picking up today (hopefully) after having the entire motorhead replaced. The block seal ruptured at 160 hrs. Factory defect so being done at their cost but still a real pain. Won't suggest what you should do, but thought I would share my experience for consideration. Good luck!

yea,i've heard this was the engine that put evinrude in bankruptcy.a rel lemon!thanks for the onfo.