Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
yleecoyotee(twinriverguides)

I seen your picture on catch of the day.How was the trip&would you recommend them to someone else?

Re: yleecoyotee(twinriverguides)

redneck, yes I would recommend them for a fishing trip.I was wanting to catch a big cat and I did catch one, my bigest yet. They are very knowledgeable at catching big cats. They are down to earth and easy to get along with. I can get along with the devil though because I married his daughter Their prices are very reasonable too. Try them out you will enjoy it.

LOL yleecoyotee, you better hope she dont reed this! HEHE

fishcrazys right, watch out.

that is a beatiful fish you caught,congrats

good luck

Congrats Ylee...nice to meet you also. Shawn and Glenn are top notch, nice fellas for sure.

Willy

Wow! That is quite a catch! So far the best fish I ever caught was at Cracker Barrel.LOL. Nothing at all like the catfish you have here! Wish I could have seen you land it!

yall aint right

Did they have the landing gear down or was it a crash landing??????????

I was droped on my head when I was born. I will be back on the lake next weekend for a larger cat. I never beleived in leader lines untill one broke my 30 l b. test line last sat night. now I will have leader lines on all my reels.

yleecoyotee...BTW Congrats on the catch... I always use 80 lb test leader....of course the leader is going to take the abuse..so it never hurts...although it can be a little hard to tie a knot..

Are you going to hire twin river guides again or trying it on your own?????

yeah i use 80lb leader too. and i snell the hooks before i go fishing, i usually make about 20 leaders with hook and swivels. and stick them around the top of a foam bucket. that way when im fishing, i break off a rig and ive got another already made right beside me. saves alot of fishing time.

good luck

I am planning on getting them to take me striper fishing this fall and probably another catfishing trip too. You will not believe how relaxing it is to have someone else to find to bait, bait the hook, take you to a very good spot and you just sit back, sipping on a cold drink waiting on that big cat to take the hook. While I was reeling that cat in my foot slipped and I fell to my knees. Glen was laughing about how the cat brought me down to my knees but I told him I was praying that the line would not break. Yes I will be using them again.

catfish tend to bring you to your knees one way or another, how long did it take you to catch the big cat ???

good luck

I can remember when one of the boys saidthe only fish was a striper darn a catfish that is when I took him to the river and watched him land a hog or did he watch me? He has came a looong way and it couldn't have happen to a nicer guy keep up the good catch'en