Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CRAPPIE DAYS

CAME DOWN TUESDAY WITH THE PREACHER AND CAUGHT OVER 150 BUT ONLY 9 KEEPERS. WAS A TOUGH DAY TO FIND THE SLABS BUT AN ENJOYABLE DAY ON THE LAKE. I HADN'T BEEN DOWN IN 5 WEEKS. CRAPPIE CROSSING AND DAVE I DID LAND A 6LB 10oz. WALLEYE MONDAY IN THE STAUNTON WHILE SMALLMOUTH FISHING(PERSONAL BEST) JUST LET ME KNOW GUYS WHEN YOU WANT TO COME DOWN FOR SOME BRONZE BACK FISHING.C.CROSSING ARE YOU ON THE EYES LIKE YOU WERE LAST YEAR? I HAVEN'T BEEN AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE I'VE BEEN CLEARING SOME LAND BEHIND THE HOUSE AND PUTTING A POND ON IT. I'M DONE NOW SO ITS BACK TO THE RIVER. GOOD FISHING AND GOD BLESS!!!

Re: CRAPPIE DAYS

river rat, cc on vac. may not be checking board as often, but yea we on the walleye. took ray ridgeway sat. and sun. caught 15 each day. kept 10 at 30 lbs. sat. 18 to 22 ft on crawlers.

SOUNDS GOOD FISDOC. I HAVE GOT TO FIGURE THAT BITE OUT ON LEESVILLE. CC SENT ME SOME RIGS LAST YEAR WITH NO SUCCESS ON MY PART. KEEP ON CATCHIN EM.

RiverRat, we started with the eyes on Memorial Day. Fish are running bigger this year but about half in the number taken. Fisdoc is the one on the real big ones, gets several every time out. We were in Tn. last week for some rest & relaxation, no fishing. Will be coming up to Leesville soon, any info would help. Nice catch on that big walleye, how about a pic since he was in the buggs island river chain.

Wow, sounds like you guys are doing great on the walleyes. I was unaware of the smallmouth opportunity. Please, can you share, how far up the river are you targeting for the eyes and smallies?

Fishdoc & myself are fishing at Philpott lake near Bassett, Va. Riverrat is way up the Staunton River below Leesville Lake.

CRAPPIE CROSSING,

I've been at the beach the last week. Just got your post. I will be putting the picture on the site. I'll keep my ears open on the eyes on Leesville. I know of a couple of bass fisherman who have been picking up several eyes every tournament if I can only get the location out of them. I'll keep you posted. GOOD FISHING AND GOD BLESS!!!