Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE LAKE AND FISHING

THE LAKE IS DROPPING AND NOT TO STAINED I SAW ALMOST NO TRASH. WE HAVE BEEN DOING WELL FOR CRAPPIE THEY ARE HITTING SMALL MINNOWS DON'T SEEM TO WANT ANYTHING ELSE. THEY ARE HOLDING RIGHT IN THE STRUCTURE 2 FEET OUT AND NOTHING. ABOUT 12-15 FEET DEEP. WE CAUGHT A COUPLE OF CHANEL CATS 3-4 POUNDS ON YELLOW PERCH ABOUT 5 INCHES LONG FISHED THEM IN THE CHANEL BACK IN A COVE WISH I HAD MORE OR THOSE PERCH. WE CAUGHT 2 NICE BLUE CATS 10+ POUNDS ON A HUMP ABOUT 15 FEET DEEP THEY SPIT OUT MUSSELS/FRESH WATER CLAMS SO I'M SURE THAT IF YOU CAN FIND A BED OF THOSE YOU CAN CATCH BLUES. WE CAUGHT THEM ON LIVE SMALL CRAPPIE FISHED 8-10 DEEP. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Re: THE LAKE AND FISHING

Were you in Gaston or Buggs? Also found similar results with the clams? What bottom type hard or soft?

Hope them rods keep C'ing up for ya.

good deal jrs

QUINT I'M SURE IT IS HARD BOTTOM AS THE HUMP IS AN OLD RAILROAD BED.
KATMASTER CALL ME IF YOU WANNA GO FISHEN WITH STEVE AND I AS YOU ARE GROUNDED [919]946-1595

now jrs you done went a gave your spot away.i went fishing last week and found the crappie to be in 17ft at 6ft deep,we caught some nice crappie on cajun jigs and nothing else.going down to northbend tommrow to scout out some new spots and also fish for some white perch.if willy doesn`t go thursday would you like to go?

JRS thanks for the info. I am not interested in knowing your specific spot. This was my 1st encounter with clams at Buggs. I have'nt fish Gaston and dont know if they are more common there? The body of water you were in is more improtant to me. And how often do you see clams. I know of a least half a dozen RR beds in the lake anyway? So Dave, he did not give his spot away! At Santee clams often bite the lead on your line. The clam bit my hook eye the other day on Buggs. Also hard bottom.

C rod C
Quint

DAVE YES LET ME KNOW [919]946-1595 CELL YOU HAVE MY HOME NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDY. DAVE I RETIRED AND ONLY WORK PART TIME SO TUES AND FRIDAY ARE TIED UP ANY OTHER DAY LETS GO. TELL WILLIE AND ANNA I SAID HELLO.
QUINT FINDING CLAMS IS NOT EASY BUT YOU CAN SEE SOMETIMES ON THE BANK WHERE A COON HAD BEEN EATING THEM LOTS OF SMALL BLACK SHELLS. ALSO ANYTIME I HAVE FOUND THEM IT SEEMS TO BE ROCKY BOTTOM BUT THATS NOT ETCHED IN STONE. DAVE KNOWS ME AND PROBABLY HAS FIGGURED OUT WHERE I CAUGHT THEM BUT THATS OK CAUSE I KNOW WHERE SOME OF HIS "BEAVER HUTS" ARE AND IF HE ASK I WOULD TELL HIM. PERHAPS YOU AND I CAN GO SOMETIME AND I WILL SHOW YOU A LITTLE OF THE LAKE, BUT NO "BEAVER HUT" SPOTTING ALLOWED. HOPE THIS HELPS.

JRS sounds more like mussels than clams. Clams have a dull heavy shell with ridges on them, mussel have slick thin black shell both can vairy in size and mussels will lay on soft bottom I know for sure. But were you in Gaston or Buggs? Be carefull about disscussing others fishing preffrences with out their concent you mite get cut off.

Good luck and C them later,
Quint

they are mussels.jrs i can`t find your home phone so email it to me and as for the beaver huts they suck right now .we went out this morring and found some huge shellcrackers at the dam front side in gator hole.

DAVE HOW YOU FINDING SHELLCRACKERS AND HOW R U CATCHIN THEM??

found them on some huge stumps in a flat only 3ft deep in gator hole.caught them on a cajun grub trolling