Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
your opinion wanted....

I've got a friend that is having a hard time, and is trying to sell my dad a boat, just wondering if any of you guys may think it's a good deal or not.. I'm not sure what the value is for a bassboat,
It's a 92 Glasstream i think it says 172, not sure, but it's 17.5' long, and it has a 115 merc on it, it also comes with matching trailer, 2 depth finders, trolling motor, it has 2 aereated livewells, one aereator is burnt up, so it needs replaced, front and rear pedestal seats, the passenger seat is tore up and needs to be replaced. The boats gel coat is in excellent shape, and the only scrapes are a few on the under side close to the front, but not many, and none are deep, only scratches to the paint. it's just dusty, b/c it's been in storage for the past year, but everything works well on it, the motor runs good, but may need a little carb work,
he wants $2500 for all, is this a descent price for this year and make boat or not.
Thanks to anyone that replies.
Mike

Re: your opinion wanted....

It runs 54 mph with 2 people, is this an average speed for a 115 hp motor bassboat?
Thanks again,
Mike

sounds like a good deal to me...you can check..www.nadaguides.com......and select boats..yada...yada..yada

not bad,but i would offer $2000.00

If there is any way you can do a compression check on the engine it could save you some money.The cylinders should be no more than ten psi defference or you could have a blown cylinder.

my 115 runs 55 with one person and 45 with 2 people

Sounds pretty good to me. I've got a 1989 Fish and Ski Sprint with a 135 Mariner, I would like to get $4500 for. So $2500 sounds like a deal to me. Get a compression check though I did before I bought mine.