Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Virginia Game Warden

Does anyone know how I can get in direct contact with a Virginia Game Warden? I have a couple questions I need answered and the People in the Game/Fish Division offices just can't answer them. Everytime I get someone on the phone, they can't answer my question and they transfer me to someone else and it starts all over. If I can ask the guy who writes the tickets then I will know what to do. Thanks

Re: Virginia Game Warden

Dude....call the # I posted under "dgif info"(regional office).Ask to speak to an officer on duty....I just called Sunday evening,2 weeks ago,to report something that happened the night before.The lady who aswered was very cordial and helpful.She took my ph.#,and the officer called back w/i 5 mins.!

Thanks NightTrain, The Richmond office was where I was getting the run around....but I didn't ask to speak to an officer on duty. I'll give that a try.

You can always call the local number for the Sheriff's Office....I live and work in Halifax County and I know our Game Wardens work out of Buggs all the time..The local # for Halifax is 434-476-3334, just ask for the Game Warden on duty..

As I have posted many times, it is most difficult to get a straight, definitive answer from Wildlife. Not just VA either. I have had same problem with different answers from different Representatives in NC, TN and KY as well. Really, it all comes down to the specific Game Warden that you deal with head to head in a specific situation. In other words, interpretation. Shouldn't be that way but it is. I would like to see an accessible, comprehensive,updated database for all to see to take the guesswork out of the laws. Just my 2 cents again.