Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Topwater for night stripers?

Would anybody know if it is now too late in the season to catch stripers on top at night at Kerr using Red Fins, etc.?
Thanks.

Re: Topwater for night stripers?

try Hibenia to henderson point with redfins after the moon goes down is the best.

Thanks.

I've been out there at least 3X a week since Memorial day, it picked up around the 14th and has dropped off steadily since then.

hi we have been for the last 4 weekends in a row have caught several nice ones near henderson point down to steele creek been using medium running rebels green and charchose in color sorry bout spelling biggest one so far was 18 1/2 pounds we will be there tomorrow nite if u see us stop and say hello will help out a fellow fisherman anytime we can i have a burgunday n grey 20 foot hydrosport bassboat most know mw as bandit i am from louisburg nc

Are you guys trolling these lures at night? Have the fish moved furthur down towards Nutbush yet? I'll be there during the weekend of the 4th, and was hoping to try to do some fishing. Any info is much appreciated.

Stripers and bass both come up into flats at night in the summer and will hit a topwater,just find a nice flat near a drop off that youi see shad flipping on before dark and try it