Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Catfishing?

I know i probally wont get much info today since, the showdown is tonight, but Where going to put in around bluestone tonight bout 6:00, any hawgs been caught there lately? also if I go uo the staunton river, is it descent water to put a small boat in, or is the water rough? never been any farther than the split on the staunton side. Go hang some hawgs at the showdown, I wont be there, but I'll be fishing. If anyone see's a small faded blue boat, with a tiller handle motor, and rods lined all the way down the side of the boat, stop and shout at me.
Tight Lines,
Mike

Re: Catfishing?

BassCat,i was up in Staunton this week,looked pretty good,have seen it alot better but you shouldn't have any problem,just watch the logs and the sand bar on the side of the State park just below the willows.

Re: Catfishing?

Thanks Buggsman, but I read your post after I got home and I found the sandbar on My own , It snuck up on me pretty fast, it was like 8 ft, and then 1.5, it sucked pretty bad. But we made it home, so alls well. we didnt have much luck with the cats though, only caught 5, 3-10 lbs all blues, exept, the 3, it was a channel. Maybe next time well hang a hawg.
Good Luck everyone,
Mike