Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Keep your dang trash in your boat or stay home

Keep your trash in your boat and if you can't and i see you polluting the water,I WILL GET YOUR BOAT NUMBERS AND REORT YOU.If "YOU" is you,than too bad.I had a run-in with a boater that threw 2 plastic bags in the lake when i was 100 yards away from him fishing and **** if he didn't try to lie his way out of it.This is uncalled for and really unsportman like and illegal.If you know you are going to have trash on the boat sometime during your trip than carry a trash bag to put it in.If not just stay your butt at home.

Re: Keep your dang trash in your boat or stay home

i do agree with you, please dont litter, its just not right

Also make sure that everything including your trash is secure in your boat. I'll bet much of the trash in the lake is unintentional. Make sure your trash bag is secure and tied shut as well as your personal belongings.

i have to agree with you my crew gets up all the trash on the shorelines and there is alot of liter on the shore lines

You know,most of the ones that do it are the ones that don't give two hoots about tomorrow's fishing as long as that one fishing day gets in.It burns me up when someone doesn't clean up their own mess.Makes one wonder if they do it at home as well or maybe they can't and they take it out on mother nature.

I agree with you Buggsman but I swear your bi-polar! One day your talking out of your **** and the next you actually make sense!

@ Quad!

Well...trash is light and easy to fly out the boat...I started using the standard plastic grocery bag and tying it to a rod holder and leave a small opening large enough to get a drink bottle in...I find this works well, it's always accessible, and don’t have to worry about tucking it away.

I use an old milk crate w/ a plasic garbage bag in it.Stores under my console out of the way, and out of any breeze that might blow stuff out.

One thing I didn't mention with the small hole left I have not had any thing blow out of the bag!!!

A copule of weeks ago, usin gmy net, My kids and I took more than a dozen beer cans and soda cans out of the water near jones beach.

Can't believe that people can trash up the lake so much.

I never thought I would be doing this,but I agree with you BuggsMan. A plastic bag can ruin a water pump if it gets wrapped around a lower unit.

See there is at least one thing we all agree on.

SORRY, I DISAGREE ABOUT TRASH IN THE LAKE BEING ACCIDENTAL. IN MY ALMOST 70 YEARS OF FISHING I HAVE SEEN TOO MUCH CARELESSNESS TO BELIEVE IT'S ACCIDENTAL. EVEN IF SOMETHING BLOWS OUT OF YOUR BOAT, KNOWING THIS CAN HAPPEN, MAKES IT NOT AN ACCIDENT WHEN IT HAPPENS. COMMON SENSE AND COURTESY IS WHAT IS NEEDED !!!!

some is accidental and some is not. but everyone should be super careful, to make sure none gets out.
and buggsman your right alot of people that do it dont care about the fishing tommorow.

good luck

If it is light enough to blow out, its going to float. GO BACK AND GET IT!

yeah thats true, you should plan ahead to make sure nothing can fly out. if you think ahead no trash should end up in the water.

Well...me again.....we just have to face it....some people just don't care about anything.....just look at the road side litter......you know every bit of that is accidental......right!!!

I docked at Uppy's Sunday to get a few bags of ice...lo and behold...someone had been to Uppy's and bought Ice Cream.....what did they do but leave the empty containers and napkins on the dock for the first wind to blow them in the lake....I put the containers in my bag of trash and canned it @ Uppy's

yeah i live on a country road, trash is everywhere,
theres not many police patroling the area, people just throw out there trash no matter what it causes.
and im the one that ends up picking it up. samething as you did at uppys, man people doing that are just uncool people. but at least most of us are decent enough to pick our trash up, and respect nature, and take care of what we have.

good luck and keep it clean

Excellent post by " THE BUGGSMAN " !!!
He is gonna earn some respect on here yet .
I was anchored , catfishing in a cove in Ivy Hill area, and into the cove came 2 jet skis with a guy, girl, & cooler on each one . They shut off about 75 yds. away , and proceeded to " party " for around 45 mins. drinking & smoking pot..... then pulled out leaving a full dozen empty Bud Light cans floating in all directions !!!!
I netted the cans .

WVPCTECH,i wish i hadda seen that.With a cell phone at hand and a digital camera,they would be in jail for sure.Technology is a great thing when used properly.

I don't hold any grudges,looking back i see that i was wrong in some instances.Took me some time to figure out that there are some good people on here.I went fishing Tuesday and Wendsday and both day were like being an oven set on 110 degrees.Heck,the night weren't much better.Just so humid.

Do ball caps count as trash, as I have donated about 5 in the last 2 years to the lake gods?

All were cotton tho so they're bio-degradeable.

yeah you needed a cell phone and camera for that,
good deal buggsman and your right about it being hot too man, at least it cooled down a little bit.

good luck

Don't post here much anymore. But I've got this one thing to say. ALL you fishermen HAVE ways of keeping your trash in check. ALL the reports of trash you guys posted came from RECREATIONAL boater or jetskiers or people on the bank. (not all bank fisherman, KMJ) watched four kids on a boat dock leave soda cans and a empty chip bag.First gust of wind they where in the water. GOOD post Buggsman. Told ya most of the guys on this site where OK.

PATMAN YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.THE BANK FISHERMEN ARE ALL WAS LEAVEING TRASH JUST GO BEHIND THE DAM AND LOOK AT THE CAT WALK OR GO TO LIBERTY HILL JUST ACROSS THE DAM.WE CLEAN IT 3 TIMES ADAY.DON`T MAKES GOOD SENCES.

yeah patman and dave your right, man its enough to make you hit someone when you see them doing it on purpose, ive been fishing at the roanoke river dam alot lately and its dangerous out there, big rocks and stuff, there is fishing line and stuff everywhere out there, i triped this morning on that stuff and i could have got seriously injured.
anyways, yall are right, and what these people are doing is just wrong.

good luck