Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
driftmasters

Seems to me about everybody likes the driftmaster rodholders.Give me some opinions on the degrees that work best.Myself,I,m just starting to use them and I kinda like the 10 degree so the rod is not sticking up in the air.Come on guys give me some input.

Re: driftmasters

they have one called a two way.it is a flat and a trolling set-up.it is a 1/2inch.thats the one i would get.

..I got the one's dave mentioned...Their called "Duo's" mine are 3/8 hence "LIL DUO"...they are 0 and 30 degree...the stem and wingnut are stainless as opposed to zinc/steel like other styles...work good

there is a girl on abay that sells same thing as drift masters. i got like 15 from her 3 years ago and they are still just as good as the day i got them. and the best this is they are just $6 bucks for base holder and all.and she can make them seting anyway you want as high or what ever.if you need to contact her il find the number for you.just email me il send you info jake69@linkabit.com

think she can make the duo if so send me her e-mail.thanks

yeah man il get you all the info but here is the link to what she has http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7162252016&category=36151
copy and paste this in address bar not search and will take you to ebay page and you can email her from there

$8 shipping is the bad part unless you order 5 or 6 then it is only $14

The Duo's are a great choice because of their versatility. Whichever choice you make, I highly recommend going with the 1/2 inch and not the 3/8 inch "Lil" series. I have seen Hawgz bend the 3/8 models, and I have acidentally turned two of them out at the base on a friend's boat. Oooooops...sorry 'bout that...I got those extras I promised you still!

If your not going to use them trying for the biggest of the big fish, though, the 3/8 are just fine.

ATTWOOD. Makes a great rodholder at a great price. Good for those biguns

Santee Specials will backhand driftmasters!! They are made for real hawgs!!!!

I use to use the drift masters but they all rusted at the base. I now use the Black Widow ultra. Kinda pricey but they will hold anything,

Where do you get those black widow and how pricey

I just got 8 of the ones Jake was talking about off ebay. Think Ive got about 12 or so from there. They are good ones and cheap. They come with aluminum bases and have a thick coating on them. Billy

This is the most reasonable place I've found for the Black Widow rod holders .
http://www.crappiestuff.com/black_widow_spider_rigs.html

I've got the driftmasters with the 1/2" threads mounted on rails. My boat didn't have rails, but I added the 7/8" rails just to mount the rod holders, that way I can have my holder at any angle I prefer. I have really enjoyed them and the versatility it gives mounted on rails.