Return to Website

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
did anybody get spray painted likke i did this weekend???

was unfortunate to troll underneath the eastside of the new bridge Fri morning---didn't see the painter on the ramp side of the bridge spraying the side of the bridge----immediately noticed the spray on top of the water though---but before i could get through the area and got to the ramp i had a nice 2 inch stripe of white resin-based paint as a new water line----OUCH!!

cAN;T GET IF OFF WITH NOTHIN----they should have had a patrol on either side of that area of the bridge to warn boaters to stay away from the area---this stuff won't come off with nothin----and somebody is gonna have to paint my boat!!!!!!

Re: did anybody get spray painted likke i did this weekend???

Maybe you can get the company responsible for the unwanted paint job to pay for a proper painting? I would assume the paint is toxic and shouldn't go in the water in the first place, but than again look at all the fuel and oil our boats put in the lake.

Got the same stuff on my dads boat. It will come off with some mirror glaze or another type of polish. Good luck!

maybe mirror glaze works on fiberglass or composite---but doesn't work on aluminum........will try rubbing compound next i guess.........

MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) will probably work, but it will likely take the boat's paint off too. I'd try mineral spirits first, then the MEK.

We definately don't need paint in the water. Someone needs to be supervising/regulating the subcontractors hired by the state(s).

DanS. If your boat is not painted you can try 000 steel wool.

on the home page there's a link to "clarksville bypass construction" and the VDOT with some contact info. The EPA would probably frown on paint in the water, the guy that did it probably no hablo englais, and they probably carry liability insurance to cover stuff like that. I'd start by calling them and politely asking for their help, worst case they could supply you with the proper solvent to loosen the paint and file a report so if you have to do an insurance claim you'll already be in the system. If you like the color, maybe they'll do the rest of the boat for you

Dan, try to contact Dale Goodman of VDOT. I believe he is the head engineer representing VDOT. I had a road incident in the area and I thought he was fair and helpful.

dan i have heard ring arround the collar but not ring arround the boat.try gasket remover it should take it off.try a small spot first to make sure it want harm the boats paint it shouldn`t but you never know.

thanks for all the help guys---have been in touch with the paint project mgr---his name is Bob.....he said no problem-he has a company to give the boat to that will clean off the paint job---sounded like he was used to these calls---says he gets several cars to do during the year.....comin up tommorrow to give him my pinstriped G3 crappie killer.

Goo off or oops will do it oops is best

Happy to hear thaings worked out dan s.

Happy to hear things worked out dan s.