Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Your best Topwater Baits

What is your best topwater bait on Kerr? I've done my best on a #13G Rapala and a heddon puppy spook in clear. My best was two 5's in a two club tournament in 2002 in June. What about you guys? God bless all.

Re: Your best Topwater Baits

Spook Junior and the old classic that nobody ever uses anymore that is deadly is the Devil Horse, my all time favorite top water lure.

WORMER

Ahh the devil horse. Hadn't heard that in a while. Man they come in some killer color combinations too.

Heddon Puppy Spook, and does a buzzbait count if it is on the bottom? I mean, it is still a topwater lure.

Yes the devil horse! But also the flyrod if you haven't tryed it maybe you should. I have caught as many large bass with it. You can't pull the fish from the cover as well but she can't throw the light wt fly.

Pop-R and buzzbait.

Zara Spook, hula popper and jitterbug(large and black)

the man in the flw tour. won it fishing a pop-r all the days. this was last week.

BEEN A PERCH COLORED DEVIL'S HORSE FOR THE LAST THIRTY YEARS!!!BUT POP-R HARD TO BEAT SOMETIMES!!

Did'nt get to the lake today until 8:30, still had a wonderfull day on top water ( pop r and buzzbait) around 35 or 40 bass on 2 different points, largest being 4 and several 3's

sureslayer buzz bait.

DAVE, DO THEY STILL MAKE SURESLAYERS? RUFUS GAVE ME A COUPLE YEARS AGO AND THEY WORKED GREAT.

How about the old Boy Howdy looks like devil horse but has scales on the side, then theres the old Dalton special anyone ever heard of these, kills them on Buggs.

YOUR DALTON SPECIAL YELLOW WITH RED DOTS? CAUGHT TWO 8 POUNDERS SAME DAY ON ONE LIKE THAT!!!

Buzz is a top water!!!!!!!! What area are you using these baits on and what's the best time of the day for you? Fun but now that I think about it, my best fish and time was after 12:00 pm and on sunny days.I was working a point on one day and got a 5 plus on the puppy and I've got two 5 plus on the rapala working shollows with moss lines on the bank.
God bless all
B&J NC

I guess I'm the odd guy. Hellbender Hell Raiser in chrome black back. I've had this lure for around 20 years and it still wears the bass out fishing it on points at Kerr.

fishdoc,the guy that makes them lives in clarksville.his name is R.L.JONAS he is a local guide as will and he knows is stuff,he mainly guides for bass.if you want some i will get his # for you or you can get them at the bait shop at clarksville.

WHAT HIS # DAVE? THANX!!

My favorite topwater anywhere is a Don Iovino Splash'It. Very versatile. It'll spit, pop, and walk the dog. They're expensive, but worth it. Hand carved, nice paint job, and feathers on the rear treble.

Dalton Special, Black Jitterbug, and Devil's Horse are still awesome!!! all that I use anywhere I go

No question, without a doubt: THE SURE-SLAYER!

35-40 bass in one day on two points? Thats a good one. Pointer, Pop-R and Buzzer in that order.

Spitting image looks like shad,pop r,chug bug,at night use dark ones

Then theres always dynamite !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres always federal prison for using dynamite....say hello to bubba!