Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
redfin question

Wandering what color redfin to use , been trollin at buggs for years w/redfins but always seem to do better w/bucktails/ suttons and rebels always put out a redfin or 2 but don't get alot of hits on them /I know alot of fisherman swear by them was wondering what color most people use, Appreaciate any help

Re: redfin question

I always had good luck with blue and chrome.
StriperB

I use blue and chrome as well and black and chrome or red and white.

The one I use the most is blue/ silver, it's caught largemouth, white bass, stripers, and catfish. It's still a little early for trolling to be productive.

blue/chrome & red/white.........the redheads have caught a few nice Walleyes on Gaston.

Blue/white and red head have always worked for me in the Staunton. Big Long A Bombers in the river if the water is deep enough are a excellent choice.

NigthTrain,i catch the heck out of walleye on Philpott,wondering if gaston has enough to make a trip??when and what section do you have most success??

for last couple years we been catching some nice walleye in the river from steel bridge down toward main lake also we been having good luck with a green shallow running rebel for strippers in kerr lake

As dale states,fishdoc,the ones I have caught have been from the steel bridge down to about Poplar Creek(Walleyes).The ones I've caught are healthy 3-7# fish.Corkman has caught a few nice ones,too.Usually we have caught them fishing live shad under baseball bobbers,while striper or catfishin'.Have also caught quite a few in the castnet @ night under the lights @ bridges.Have caught several trolling redfins and bucktails.I have heard that in the spring they stackup in the old river section near Kerr Dam,and from some of the northern transplants(who actually target them)that Stonehouse is a good place.

THANX, NIGHTTRAIN. CRAPPIE CROSSING AND I HAVE BEEN TALKING BOUT COMIN DOWN THERE TO TRY THE WALLETES FOR YEARS. MITE BE THIS YEAR!!!